Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Sony Handicam Help please...

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 07:47 AM
Vortexgen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sony Handicam Help please...

I have purchased an eye cam (dragonfly inc) and have done a basic test to see how the system works connected to the AV input on my sony handicam.

The problem is, whenever i press record, the audio/video is getting recorded on my memory stick, not the DV Tape.

I tried removing the memory stick, but the NO MEMORY STICK installed message appears.

I'm sure there must be somewhere in the MENU that sets up the handicam to record on to the DV tape and not the memstick.

It records on to the tape as normal in the camera mode.

I'm using VCR mode to see the eyecam image and record the image as discussed in the review on this item. I have a very similar/maybe the same sony camera as the reviewer.

SONY DIGITAL HANDICAM DCR-TRV17E. Please help, I'm in japan, and my camera manual is in Australia.
Old 06-17-2003, 08:19 AM
Vortexgen

problem solved.....

downloaded the manual from SONY, found that i have to use the record and unlabelled button beside it (press both simultaneously) for recording on to a cassette.

First time ive done this of course, now realisng my camera has 1,000,000 other functions.
Old 06-17-2003, 07:28 PM
BP5589
My Feedback: (4)

Hi Vortex,
I have the same spy cam and Sony camcorder as you and it drove me crazy until I figured out the two buttons you have to push for recording. I have the trv80 now as well as the Micro MV I55 and they both work great. I have some videos on my web site taken with the spy cam. I pick up some distortion at certain locations around the field so I try to edit them out by using Pinnacle's Studio 8 software before I upload to the web site.
Have fun,
Bill
http://www.bp55899.com