Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

mini dv camera

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 12:32 PM
amilcar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default mini dv camera

hi guys probably somebody experience the same and can help me with my onboard camera i got one from china its a new mini dv that records 640x480 30m frames per second the camera works great OUT of the plane ,,in your house ,outside etc ,,when you monted on the plane the vibration is to much for it ,,i try almost everything ,i raped it in foam ,,mount the engine on rubber bushings and still i don`t have a clear video i made some progress but still the video is all shaking ,,,the only crystal clear video i have is when the engine stop in the air and i had to glide the plane to land it ....
a i almost forgot i paid only 34$ for it ,,,
Old 11-06-2009, 09:35 PM
N429EM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: mini dv camera

Sounds like you got [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9187014/tm.htm]this[/link] one?

There is a lot of discussion brewing on the HobbyCity Community Form, also.

EJ
Old 11-09-2009, 11:10 AM
BamaFlyBoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: mini dv camera

I recently acquired a dvr and used it yesterday for the first time. I mounted it to my girlfriends Nexstar with velcro on the left hand side of the fuse. The video came out great. I'll post it when I get it edited down to a manageable size file. After a few flilghts on the Nexstar, we mounted it (w/ velcro) on the landing gear of a club member's plane (with a DA-85 on it). The vibration from the DA made the video worthless.
I got the DVR from
http://modelaero.com/Merchant5/merch...egory_Code=ACC