Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Help with QuickTime videos

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 10:19 AM
skylane42
My Feedback: (53)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help with QuickTime videos

I got a new camera for Christmas. It will shoot nice video with sound but, it shoots in QuickTime format. I checked on a 2 1/2 minute vid I shot and it is like 153mb and takes 30 minutes to up load. Can the video be converted to a smaller format for faster uploads and downloads> What are the better formats to use for uploading and viewing videos? I sure would appreciate some advise.

Thanks,
Bill
Old 01-08-2010, 12:14 AM
fmimages

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help with QuickTime videos

Get QuickTime Pro from Apple I thinkm it's about $29.00. Once you do that then you can experiment with conversion. For example you can change the frame rate, picture size, date rate, though for quality sakes I'd leave it alone. If you can upload it the way it is and don't mind the wait the larger file size works best. You can probably get it down to under 50 megs and it will still look fine. DIVX or XVID are other encoders that you might check out. Virtual Dub editor works with AVI files, not QuickTime I think. I use Virtual Dub for every one of my videos. Flash Encoder is another tool to use. Flash is used almost at every site I've visited to encode the videos. Sites like YouTube use Flash to encode every one of their videos.
Good Luck!
Old 01-08-2010, 12:16 AM
fmimages

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help with QuickTime videos

Get QuickTime Pro from Apple I think it's about $29.00. Once you do that then you can experiment with conversion. For example you can change the frame rate, picture size, date rate, though for quality sakes I'd leave it alone. If you can upload it the way it is and don't mind the wait the larger file size works best. You can probably get it down to under 50 megs and it will still look fine. DIVX or XVID are other encoders that you might check out. Virtual Dub editor works with AVI files, not QuickTime I think. I use Virtual Dub for every one of my videos. Flash Encoder is another tool to use. Flash is used at every site I've visited to encode their videos. Sites like YouTube use Flash to encode every one of their videos.
Good Luck!