Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Gyro Stabilization

Old 11-26-2002, 01:12 AM
Rhandal

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Gyro Stabilization

In the thread "OK, I'll go first." by Rixter, you had mentioned that you guys designed your own gyro stabilized mount. Perhaps you can elaborate on your design a little more as I'm sure there are a lot of us who are interested in a home brewed type stabilization system using over the counter parts.

Rhandal
remote-i
www.remotei.com
Old 11-26-2002, 09:56 PM
Rixter

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Gyro Stabilization

Hi Rhandal,
I can't give you much about the stabilization unit. It is not my design, it belongs to my partner and she has begun negotiations with Bergin Helicopter for distribution. If Bergin chooses not to market it she will do something with it herself. I can tell you that it is constructed with off the shelf components and modifications to these components are required. I can also tell you that it operates great. We have some test video now but will not release it as the heli has no ground referance (you can't see what the heli is doing). We want to put together a promo video with a second camera operator on the ground shooting the heli pilot, camera operator (me) and the heli while the heli cam is shooting everyone on the ground. Syncronize it in a picture in picture format so that you can see the heli cam operator go "hands off" while the heli is in hard yaw and roll while still getting a smooth heli cam image. I don't know when we will be able to put the promo together as the weather here in MI isn't co-operating. Can you post video here? If so I will post the video when it is finished.
Rixter