Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Shipping experiences across popular FPV sites

THIS is what I wish Id known two weeks ago when I got into FPV. I hope that after reading this new buyers will go with Zoltan or Wade at futurehobbies for all their gear.

I have ordered from three companies now and its helpful to know who provides timely customer service, and who doesn't when it comes to getting the products we pay for. I purposefully ordered my transmitters and antennas from separate places to test them all, I want to find a company I can blow about $1500 with but I won't do that until I see who honors their end of things and how they handle mistakes on their part.

L-com.com (antennas and tech gear not specific to FPV but a great stocking choice of all tech/ham parts you need). L-com is where I re-ordered my antenna with expedited shipping while the original order got lost with another company

First of all the GREAT. Zoltan from nghobbies.com, is the consummate businessman. He is the ONLY phone call responder I got after sending emails to each site asking them to call me so we could talk before I buy. He did it in 30 minutes of the email, the other sites did not respond at all via phone and I did get a nice email from Wade at futurehobbies so that counts.

nghobbies.com was 100% perfect without a hitch and with the most energetic follow up. He coached me on the phone on an international call for 15 minutes telling me about the right gear for my needs. My patch antenna got here to my house in 20 hours from ordering it internationally out of Canada. And, Zoltan sent personal emails with the tracking info, they weren't autogenerated, its personal with him and the outcome reflects that.

#2 was futurehobbies, had a good experience there. Wade spent a nice amount of time coaching me through emails a little bit about the differences of non-line of sight video gear. parts order went well.

In closing, I bought the rubber duck antenna from L-com.com because I wanted it before the weekend, that worked.

The above companies will follow up quickly with emails and will speak to you as needed, and when shipping problems arise they will take an active role to help resolve it. I didn't have that experience with other online companies, so at least you know the above three are great.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Shipping experiences across popular FPV sites

In being a first time FPV buyer you may choose to do business with several places and the ones who take time to talk to you are most helpful for beginning FPV pilots, for sure. When you are technically able to coach yourself the hands off approach so many companies use in the name of efficiency won't be so impactful to you.

7 30

rangevideo just completed the order to my doorstep in 20 hours, for a smashing first test run/ nice job will definately return for business this hobby is only getting more costly/inevitable. I believe the next step for me will be a diversity setup.