RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Aerial Photography and Video (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/aerial-photography-video-81/)
-   -   How do you post vidoes online? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/aerial-photography-video-81/1518645-how-do-you-post-vidoes-online.html)

BDAD Flyer 02-11-2004 03:38 PM

How do you post vidoes online?

Hello,
How do you guys put your videos online? Is there a website?

Sorry about the stupid question.

SeacretsOceanCity 02-11-2004 07:33 PM

RE: How do you post vidoes online?

You have to put them on a server. It costs dough. No free way to do it that I know of.

Fubar-One 02-11-2004 08:17 PM

I have a website that I pay for monthly (freeservers.com) and I upload my videos to there.

ORIGINAL: vsustko22

Hello,
How do you guys put your videos online? Is there a website?

Sorry about the stupid question.

BDAD Flyer 02-11-2004 08:29 PM

Thank you,
That sucks. i thought it would be for free. What is a good monthly price?

SeacretsOceanCity 02-11-2004 10:28 PM

freeservers.com

Fubar-One 02-11-2004 11:35 PM

Freeservers.com has a free package that comes with banners but you are pretty limited with space and file sizes.
The packages go up from there. I am paying something like $18 a month and have 500megs of server space, am allowed 10gigs or so of bandwidth per month, and file sizes up to 500megs if I recall correctly.
A whole grip of email accounts too. I have a feeling I will be moving up to the deluxe package soon.:eek:

ORIGINAL: SeacretsOceanCity

freeservers.com

gernith 02-11-2004 11:40 PM

You may already have some web space provided by your ISP. You might ask them first.

BlackThunder 02-12-2004 10:33 AM

www.imhosted.com

for $9.95 you get 1GB of Hard Drive space and 50GB/month transfer. I've been with them for a while and already upgraded to the "Developer" plan.

Cheers,

BT

SeacretsOceanCity 02-12-2004 01:26 PM

My ISP comcast gives me 26mb free space. not much space but I can get some vide out there.

CrispyCritter 02-20-2004 10:04 PM

Check out www.rcsites.net Not a lot of free space (15 mb) but free. I have put a couple of videos there just to try. I'm gonna wait for spring to try some more. Good luck

Fubar-One 02-21-2004 12:28 AM

I have been all over that site trying to find out if there is a file size limit. I might be moving to that hosting company. Looks like a good deal and my freeservers site has gotten pretty bad at streaming videos lately.
They used to stream very smoothly but not any more. Since posting videos online is the reason for that host in the first place...

ORIGINAL: BlackThunder

www.imhosted.com

for $9.95 you get 1GB of Hard Drive space and 50GB/month transfer. I've been with them for a while and already upgraded to the "Developer" plan.

Cheers,

BT

stevennh 02-21-2004 10:35 AM

I recently setup a site with 1and1 (www.1and1.com). They gave me a three year FREE setup with 500MB of storage and I registered a domain name for a few bucks (I don't remember, but it was less than 20 for the year). I don't know if they still have the promotional offer going, but it has been great so far (very good speed and no unwanted sales pitches yet).

Steve

Fubar-One 02-21-2004 06:08 PM

Well, went to Iamhosted.com and got a website. Even have a domain name now too! Waiting for that to kick in. Now I have to move over to the new host. The setup email I got is rather daunting with all the information it has, most of which I have no idea what they are talking about.
But, $13.95 a month for a gig and a half vs $17.95 for half a gig and what has become a sloooow site, there is no comparison.
Ugh, probably start the new site from scratch instead of modifying what I already have.
Should be a piece of cake![sm=drowning.gif]

ORIGINAL: stevennh

I recently setup a site with 1and1 (www.1and1.com). They gave me a three year FREE setup with 500MB of storage and I registered a domain name for a few bucks (I don't remember, but it was less than 20 for the year). I don't know if they still have the promotional offer going, but it has been great so far (very good speed and no unwanted sales pitches yet).

Steve