RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Aerial Photography and Video (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/aerial-photography-video-81/)
-   -   I want to make an Aerial Promo... Any ideas? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/aerial-photography-video-81/1927968-i-want-make-aerial-promo-any-ideas.html)

Rj-TailSpin 06-23-2004 08:22 AM

I want to make an Aerial Promo... Any ideas?

I'm looking for ideas to help me make an aerial promo video. Fubar's hill people video was pretty cool and exciting. Something with that type of thrill while being entertaining. Perhaps I need to make a storyboard before I begin. Back in High School, over 20 years ago, I took a mass media course. Nothing like what they offer today, but I did produced a few funny short films. Boy has technology changed! It's time to be creative! I would appreciate your input for ideas or concepts to make an aerial promo video. Earn a spot on the credits LOL! Creative Thinker: <Your Name> hehe

Rob

Fubar-One 06-23-2004 11:58 PM

RE: I want to make an Aerial Promo... Any ideas?

:D
Got a few ideas but keepin em to myself. Got one idea Im playin with but it if I do it, it will be something like 10 minutes long. Bit much for a streaming video.
I do get some of my ideas from different songs I hear. Mostly I shoot some raw video then dig thru my collection of MP3's to see what grabs me. I generally work from there. Unfortunately they quite often dont pan out for various reasons. Usually for lack of enough video.
Having some technical problems with my BWAV system that I cant pin down right now so nothing usable has been shot in a while.
As I said tho, listen to some tunes and look around at where you can fly. Might come up with something that way.

Rj-TailSpin 06-24-2004 10:17 AM

I did a really patriotic video of a USA Eagle Corn Maze along with Lee Greenwood's song God Bless the U.S.R. It makes me choke up everytime I play it. The file is over 120Mb... so I can't post it anywhere. The video is a bit washed out because it was so bright and the corn was all brown. Quite the difficult shoot. I added pictures and it's grand. Although, not a promo video. I understand what you mean by the music grabbing you. I feel the same way. A lot of music should be played along with cool aerials... it just feels right and the way it should be played.

We had tornados last night. I watched one cross in front of my house not more than 3 miles away. It destroyed three major businesses in an industrial park. It was a wild night in Wisconsin. There were several other tornados in surrounding cities. What a mess. I had planned on doing some aerials of the carnage but it is far too windy today. A funny thing happened, I think so anyways... the tornado overturned a 28,000lbs news truck and they didn't even have video of it. Their spot consisted of "Look what we found in our parking lot". It cracked me up! But, then again... I have a weird sense of humor.

Rob

yb2normal 06-24-2004 06:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Fubar-One

Having some technical problems with my BWAV system that I cant pin down right now so nothing usable has been shot in a while.

Hey Dan, have you popped the tx can open? There is a circuit board inside that is tacked to the case at various points, maybe you broke one of those solder joints on a hard landing.

Worst case, drop me an email and we can talk about my "no questions asked" warranty policy :)

Bill

Fubar-One 06-24-2004 07:35 PM

Actually, I have soldered the can shut right now. [:-] I am getting a lot of horizontal lines that I didnt get before. Moving the antenna so that it pointed up thru the hole in the Wingo wing seems to have solved the servo interference but I am still getting the lines. It is pretty aggravating and is like taking a step backwards from the results I WAS getting with this system. I am using a different plug harness on the camera then I used to with some pretty long leads, over 12". I wonder if I am getting some kind of feedback there? Does that make sense? Might wrap those suckers in aluminum foil or something. If that aint it, I might open it up and check the board. If you saw the crash video you know it hit pretty damned hard. Frankly, I was surprised ANYTHING worked after that!
I will fool around with it some more to make sure it isnt my installation before I talk to ya about the "no questions asked" thing.:D

ORIGINAL: yb2normal

ORIGINAL: Fubar-One

Hey Dan, have you popped the tx can open? There is a circuit board inside that is tacked to the case at various points, maybe you broke one of those solder joints on a hard landing.

Worst case, drop me an email and we can talk about my "no questions asked" warranty policy :)

Bill

CenTexFlyer 06-24-2004 11:08 PM

I did a pretty slick PowerPoint presentation that showed still and vid photography aimed at the real estate biz......

CTF

IA-Flyer 06-25-2004 05:17 PM

Rob,

I decided to use this guy's video when I get ready to do a promo, I like his sooooo much better than mine!
I'll include the best photos I can find at RCGroups and I should be good to go!
[link=http://homepage1.nifty.com/CUE/html/garelly2.html]WOW![/link]
Just kidding! :D

If I go commercial, I’ll probably put together several, depending on the market.
Some people will want to see high ground detail and others will want picturesque photo / video scenes.

CTF’s PowerPoint presentation is a great idea because you could use the same portable computer you use in the field to create and burn the final product for the customer.
Also you can use most video editing programs to include a photo slideshow into your DVD / VHS movie or demo if you want to show in on tape of disk.

Dan,
Pop the top man!
Remember my first 600mW test flight video? It was a loose solder joint hovering a tenth of an inch above the circuit board., “lines o plenty”!
There is a reason all of us buy from Bill, darn that’s an impressive offer he’s making you!
Rock, High speed into the dirt,,,, warranty? It boggles the mind!

Regards
Jim

Fubar-One 06-25-2004 08:16 PM

Oh, I plan to open it up! If I can solve the prob myself, I will be in like Flynt. If not, I will check with Bill. Once I get the funds together I plan on a second tx and camera from him anyway but hope to fix this one.

ORIGINAL: IA-Flyer

Dan,
Pop the top man!
Remember my first 600mW test flight video? It was a loose solder joint hovering a tenth of an inch above the circuit board., “lines o plenty”!
There is a reason all of us buy from Bill, darn that’s an impressive offer he’s making you!
Rock, High speed into the dirt,,,, warranty? It boggles the mind!

Regards
Jim

IA-Flyer 06-26-2004 01:04 AM

I hear ya Dan, I'm up to three of his systems now ;)
They're kinda like peanuts.....

I’ll post a flight I did this evening with one of the 600mW systems.
It’s a longer video than I like to post, but I’m testing something and the company likes them longer.
Very smooth trouble free video though, just plop the receiver antenna on my car and forget it. The police were there with their RF producing stuff just like the first test flight I did, no interference or lines what so ever. Nice!;)