Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Aerodynamics
Reload this Page >

STAB INCIDENCE

Community
Search
Notices
Aerodynamics Discuss the physics of flight revolving around the aerodynamics and design of aircraft.

STAB INCIDENCE

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 11:44 PM
F86_SABRE

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: STAB INCIDENCE

You are very correct. The wing is somewhat elliptical but was not that sure that it would have the same effect as that of say the Spitfire or the Thunderbolt. That is what led me to think about washout. Moreover, I thought that that wingtip was rather tapered (not as much as the P-38) so I thought it would be good to introduce a slight washout margin for peace of mind. This is just my trail of thought.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:40 AM
charlie111

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would say all surfaces should be in line with fuselage. Maybe some dihedral to help keep you level?
Old 01-24-2013, 08:14 AM
F86_SABRE

Thanks Charlie. Infact, I have already dialled in 4 degrees dihedral into the wing.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:09 AM
MTK

ORIGINAL: kenh3497

I'm in the process of building a Zlin 526. The wing is semi symmetrical at the root and is under-cambered at the tip. The stab is zero degrees and the wing is four degrees positive. The wing also has six degrees of washout. The engine is set a zero degrees of thrust. This is supposed to be exactly how the full scale is set up.

Ken
Are you building a precision scale subject? If yes, okay I see all of those parameters

If you just want an easy building and flying model of the famed aerobat but not for scale competition, just for weekend flying, let me suggest a tamer, easier building set-up. Make the wing flat and set the wing at 1/2 degree + aoi.Start with a stab at 0 aoi but if you build in an adjustable feature, it would help you trim upright versus inverted flight to better control elevator/pitch response, upright to inverted....Remember that models are far less loaded than their full sized counterparts and need to generate far far far less lift per unit area.

ASALWAYS, YMMV!!!