Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Aerodynamics
Reload this Page >

TT bipe 40

Community
Search
Notices
Aerodynamics Discuss the physics of flight revolving around the aerodynamics and design of aircraft.

TT bipe 40

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 06:05 PM
tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TT bipe 40

I purchased a 40 size TT Bipe 4 months ago and did not like the way it flew.So i remove the top wing calulated the cg.and wing loading is 30oz. per sq.foot went out today and flew it.It flew better than it did with the top wing on it.It is not a bipe anymore.
Old 01-10-2005, 06:10 PM
Rotaryphile

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: TT bipe 40

I sometimes remove the upper wing from an design original fun-fly bipe, giving it around an 8 oz. wing loading, and it glides flatter and handles wind much better, although its minimum turning radius is doubled. After all, the Hawker Hurricane grew from a bipe.
Old 01-11-2005, 12:29 PM
Ben Lanterman

You might put the wing back on and experiment with the incidence angles of the top wing. You might like it even better.
Old 01-13-2005, 07:30 PM
GRANT ED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I second the checking of the wing incidence. When building my GP ultimate bipe it said it was critical the top wing incidence was right.
Old 01-22-2005, 04:27 PM
tree

I have fooled around with the wing incedence even wrote TT about the incedence. They wrote back with question not answered.I flew the plane and it flies great with one wing i am not going to put on the top wing. THANKS GUYS