Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Aerodynamics
Reload this Page >

fUNTANA fRANKENSTEIN BUILD

Community
Search
Notices
Aerodynamics Discuss the physics of flight revolving around the aerodynamics and design of aircraft.

fUNTANA fRANKENSTEIN BUILD

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 05:52 PM
-StephenSampson-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fUNTANA fRANKENSTEIN BUILD

wel i crashed my funtana 40 last fall and i had 2 wings for it just sitting in my basement then my brother bought an omp katana v2 which gave me an idea. so i separated the one piece wing into two pieces by taking out the central piece that was used for joining and mounting to the fiselage of my funtana 40. i then bulked up the ends of bothe wings to toughen them up with the same size wood so tthe wings werent two different length. now back to the omp katana. i made a template for the fuselage on some cardboard and i am ready to start making the fuselage ( i already have a rudder w/stab and elevater w/stab in perfect condition and the wing is perfect. i test fitted the pieces to my brothers katana and they fit so it should work onece im all done.

i was just wondering if instead of making all the curved edges if it would fly ok with squared edges because it will be hard to bend all of the wood to make the curves...im impatient when it comes to holding wood over a boiling kettle/pot of water. this plane is an experiment more than anything and im not expecting anything great but hey ya never know. if anyone would know if i could square up those edges without screwing up the aerodynamics id appreciate the imput. Thanks.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:18 AM
mesae

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: fUNTANA fRANKENSTEIN BUILD

At worst you might experience slightly worse directional stability at high AOA than with rounded fuselage corners. Or there may be no noticeable difference.