Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Thrust Stand

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thrust Stand

I have been looking around to find any information on engine thrust stands and have not been able to find anything useful. Does anyone know of any companies who manufacture a thrust stand for RC glow engines? Thanks in advance for your help.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Thrust Stand

When we've needed/wanted to play with one, we made it. Ball-bearing supported mounting plate, pulling against the most accurate fish scales we could get ahold of. Even though only remotely accurate, we thought we would benefit mainly from the difference in thrust from prop to prop tested. We learned quickly however, that static thrust numbers mean little when you try to apply your findings to dynamic flight characteristics. The thrust test stands have sat idle pretty much ever since.
    Chad

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thrust stands are good for finding relative performance of engnes /props .
    My own stand was designed (and copied by others ) by me to find power consumption vs thrust on electric motors .
    it could be adapted for glow but basically the informtion really needed canbe done with a pull scale on a plane.
    we used this technique to determinstatic thrust and relative power using differing exhaust setups -mainly tuned pipes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ay74148.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	1280178  
    Libby is still watching you

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the replies, i have seen many like the picture posted, and have already designed one like it in solid works, but due to different time constraints I was trying to find one that someone sells so that I do not have to make one. Let me know if there are any manufactures out there. Thanks.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Smitty- years back-in 1977 we had a flying field in Loveland - the Propbusters Club.
    the farmer sold the farm ind in a heartbeat - the field was no more
    I had just started making my Tiporare models -Dave Brown flew one and atthe time Bill Keller was making the fuselages
    up in Dayton.
    Libby is still watching you

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: dick Hanson

Smitty- years back-in 1977 we had a flying field in Loveland - the Propbusters Club.
    the farmer sold the farm ind in a heartbeat - the field was no more
    I had just started making my Tiporare models -Dave Brown flew one and atthe time Bill Keller was making the fuselages
    up in Dayton.
    That club is still around they have moved out of Loveland now and are out by East Fork Lake. Still called the prop busters though.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: smitty5688

I have been looking around to find any information on engine thrust stands and have not been able to find anything useful. Does anyone know of any companies who manufacture a thrust stand for RC glow engines? Thanks in advance for your help.
    Go here for a thrust test stand kit: http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id...07&pid=V786359
    The ground reached up and smote my airplane