Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

60-90 Extra 260 and 300 DLE 20 Installation

The installation kits for both the 60-90 Extra 260 and 300 are now on our website and should be in stock by the end of the month.

Here is a link to the addendum kit: http://aero-works.net/store/detail.aspx?ID=452

Also, we will be offering a combo deal for either the 60-90 260 or 300 that includes the plane and DLE 20 for 499.95 this will save you 54.95 and give you a great performing gas airplane!

Visit our website or call today to order.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ig12385.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	1516429  
    Team Aeroworks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: 60-90 Extra 260 and 300 DLE 20 Installation

Also, we will be offering a combo deal for either the 60-90 260 or 300 that includes the plane and DLE 20 for 499.95 this will save you 54.95 and give you a great performing gas airplane!
    499.95 for the combo[X(] that's a great price.
    If you think you can or think you can\'\'\'\'t, you\'\'\'\'re right.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Mark Dennis

The installation kits for both the 60-90 Extra 260 and 300 are now on our website and should be in stock by the end of the month.

Here is a link to the addendum kit: http://aero-works.net/store/detail.aspx?ID=452

Visit our website or call today to order.
    When does the sale expires?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

airborne,

The combo price is a set discounted price and should be good for sometime.

Thank you
    Rocco / Aeroworks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Rocco.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Getting close to finishing up my 260 conversion. Should I expect any major change to the balance coming from an OS .75AX?

I see in the installtion kit guide that you have mounted the battery pack on the engine box. With my OS I had an 1,100 mAh pack in the middle of the fuse and needed some tail weight to balance at the factory recommendation. I'l be using a 2,300 mAh pack now and figure with the battery and ignition upfront all that extra weight will really change things.

Thanks.

Danny

If interested, I'm updating my original build log with the 20cc conversion: http://electricdan.wordpress.com/aer...260-build-log/

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Is the package deal still going on?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: collectivepitch

Is the package deal still going on?
    Yes the package deal is still going, give our sales department a call and they will get you taken care of. 303 371-4222

Mark
    Team Aeroworks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Do you have the link to your video with the DLE20 in the 260? Link seems to be broken.

Thanks..

ORIGINAL: dbronst3790

Getting close to finishing up my 260 conversion.* Should I expect any major change to the balance coming from an OS .75AX?

I see in the installtion kit guide that you have mounted the battery pack on the engine box.* With my OS I had an 1,100 mAh pack in the middle of the fuse and needed some tail weight to balance at the factory recommendation.* I'l be using a 2,300 mAh pack now and figure with the battery and ignition upfront all that extra weight will really change things.

Thanks.

Danny

If interested, I'm updating my original build log with the 20cc conversion:* http://electricdan.wordpress.com/aer...260-build-log/

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: fanoffive0

Do you have the link to your video with the DLE20 in the 260? Link seems to be broken.

Thanks..

Getting close to finishing up my 260 conversion. Should I expect any major change to the balance coming from an OS .75AX?

I see in the installtion kit guide that you have mounted the battery pack on the engine box. With my OS I had an 1,100 mAh pack in the middle of the fuse and needed some tail weight to balance at the factory recommendation. I'l be using a 2,300 mAh pack now and figure with the battery and ignition upfront all that extra weight will really change things.

Thanks.

Danny

If interested, I'm updating my original build log with the 20cc conversion: http://electricdan.wordpress.com/aer...260-build-log/
    The link is fixed, but it's the video of the OS .75AX maiden. I hope to have the 20cc maiden this weekend.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mark,

Having a problem setting up the throtlle. There's not a lot of room and I either hit the wing tube tunnel at closed position and then over rotate the linkage (the plastic keeper on the pushrod hits the servo) for wide open.

Any suggestions?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Danny,
    You are running one battery for the ING and REC? How many safe flights do you think you would get with that setup?

Thanks...

Getting close to finishing up my 260 conversion.* Should I expect any major change to the balance coming from an OS .75AX?

I see in the installtion kit guide that you have mounted the battery pack on the engine box.* With my OS I had an 1,100 mAh pack in the middle of the fuse and needed some tail weight to balance at the factory recommendation.* I'l be using a 2,300 mAh pack now and figure with the battery and ignition upfront all that extra weight will really change things.

Thanks.

Danny

If interested, I'm updating my original build log with the 20cc conversion:* http://electricdan.wordpress.com/aer...260-build-log/

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Danny,
    You are running one battery for the ING and REC? How many safe flights do you think you would get with that setup?

Thanks...

Thanks.

Danny

Based on others that have the same setup, Ishould get 6 or more flights on one charge.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mark,

Having a problem setting up the throtlle. There's not a lot of room and I either hit the wing tube tunnel at closed position and then over rotate the linkage (the plastic keeper on the pushrod hits the servo) for wide open.

Any suggestions?
    I resolved the issue by re-relocating the throttle servo so that I now have plenty of throw travel to work with. I made a servo mounting tray from thin ply and I needed a bit longer pushrod.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bz76939.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	107.8 KB 
ID:	1556055  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Danny,

Thanks...

Thanks.

Danny

Based on others that have the same setup, Ishould get 6 or more flights on one charge.

I"m putting an average of 500mAh back into the battery after 4, 12 minute flights. If the plane didn't balance perfectly with the 2,300mAh I'd go back to the 1,100mAh.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi, just started to build my Extra 300 with the DLE 20 (combo package). Maybe you could help me understand why you sent me the 450cc glow fuel tank kit and not the 450cc gas kit? I have look in the installation kit also and there is no gas stopper (brown) in it.

Thanks
    Yves

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yves,
    Our stoppers will work with either glow or gas fuel. The airplane comes stock with the glow fuel tubing in the tank, the gas tubing and 8oz tank can be purchased separately through our website.

Mark
    Team Aeroworks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Another question or two... on page 4 of the installation guide, item #12, there is a note saying ''it may be necessary to rotate the throttle arm 180 degrees''. What determine if it has to be rotate or not?

And it looks like that i need to remove the idle screw to install the engine, is that right (no mention in the guide)?

Thanks
    Yves

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: fxstb

Another question or two... on page 4 of the installation guide, item #12, there is a note saying ''it may be necessary to rotate the throttle arm 180 degrees''. What determine if it has to be rotate or not?

And it looks like that i need to remove the idle screw to install the engine, is that right (no mention in the guide)?

Thanks
    Yves

Well, 20 days after, not really happy with your support.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am putting this in an Extra 260.
    Issue #1. Installing the back of the spinner at 4.75" from the firewall leaves the carb adjustments in the firewall. I could not set it further back, so I had to move it foreward to about 5"
    Issue #2. The template used for the cut-out did not allow room for the carb. I needed to widen the opening
    Issue #3. The choke and throttle arms on the engine are in-line with the bottom of the opening in the firewall. I needed to make the opening extend lower to make room for the linkages

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Finally started the engine on this combo. Engine started immediately and run strong, airplane looks good, but together... this thing vibrate like crazy at any rpm. I predict a short life span, something is going to let go for sure.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello,

I am having an issue with the sensitivity of my DLE20 in my AeroWorks Extra 300 .60 - .90 ARF-QB. Would anybody be able to tell me if you have done anything different with the linkage from the servo to the carb? Longer arm? Throttle curve? I am using a HighTech 5945 for the throttle servo. I have tried it with the rod linkage on the servo arm closet in and also the 2nd closest in. The next I will try in the 3rd position out. The arm is the longer one on the DLS20 and is using the farthest out also.

It is too sensitive where when I give it just a little throttle it seems to rev the engine to what seems to be about 50% movement on the carb.

Thanks...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello,

I am having an issue with the sensitivity of my DLE20 in my AeroWorks Extra 300 .60 - .90 ARF-QB. Would anybody be able to tell me if you have done anything different with the linkage from the servo to the carb? Longer arm? Throttle curve? I am using a HighTech 5945 for the throttle servo. I have tried it with the rod linkage on the servo arm closet in and also the 2nd closest in. The next I will try in the 3rd position out. The arm is the longer one on the DLS20 and is using the farthest out also.

It is too sensitive where when I give it just a little throttle it seems to rev the engine to what seems to be about 50% movement on the carb.

Thanks...
    Where are your end point adjustments set at? It is very important that these values are as close to each other as possible. If not you can get the type of throttle sensitivity you are describing.

Mark
    Team Aeroworks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks. I will look at that.

ORIGINAL: Mark Dennis

Hello,

Thanks...
    Where are your end point adjustments set at? It is very important that these values are as close to each other as possible. If not you can get the type of throttle sensitivity you are describing.

Mark

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have a few flights in now, this is an excellent combo.
    I am using a MAS 16-8 three blade prop. I went with the JTec Pitts style muffler. It would fit but a tight squeeze, so I shaved a little from the corner of the firewall and reinforced it from the inside.
    It came in quite a bit heavier than the 6 1/2 pounds that I'd seen advertised. At 8 lbs 2 oz, it has no bad habits and lands smoothly.
    I am still breaking in the motor, so I haven't tried any 3d, but the precision aerobatisc is great
    A couple clicks of down trim and it stays where it is pointed

I mounted the engine more forward than the plans recommended to allow access to the carb adjustment, and I will relocate the throttle servo so that it clears the wing tube

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast