Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Aeroworks Vendor Forum
Reload this Page >

Advice for a gas Airplane

Community
Search
Notices
Aeroworks Vendor Forum This is the place to go for all your questions concerning anything Aeroworks. Rocco, Mark, and the rest of the Aeroworks staff will be manning this forum so that they can answer all your questions.

Advice for a gas Airplane

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 07:18 AM
Vespino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice for a gas Airplane

Hello

I'm flying electric planes and i want to try my first gas airplane, I am interested in AW 35 cc. What plane would you recommend.?

thannks

Old 10-15-2010, 07:30 AM
Vespino

Default RE: Advice for a gas Airplane

Hello

I'm flying electric planes and i want to try my first gas airplane, I am interested in AW 35 cc. What plane would you recommend.?

thannks

Old 10-15-2010, 09:51 AM
phantomdriver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aeroworks is coming out with a 30cc Edge 540 that looks interesting.
Match it with the DL30 nice setup. That would be a great setup.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:32 AM
JOHNS3D
My Feedback: (5)

which part of mexico are you flying? you can get some 30cc from Aeroworks and also other brands. About AW you can get the 1.20 Yak for the DLE30.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:28 PM
Vespino

I'm flying in Guadalajara, Mexico
Old 10-25-2010, 02:16 PM
FlyStraight

I have the 50cc Yak. From what I'm reading, the extra needs to be flown a bit hotter on landings because of the wing. Yak can be flown slower. My yak will fly really slowly without falling off. My suggestion to you is to stay away from AW planes unless you have the know how to fix some of their problems in hardware or design. They have a selection of planes that have been redesigned many times and those are the ones you should buy although you still need to replace some of their hardware even after so many redesigns. That's been my personal experience and also reflected in this forum by many.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:39 PM
bgw45
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: FlyStraight

I have the 50cc Yak. From what I'm reading, the extra needs to be flown a bit hotter on landings because of the wing. Yak can be flown slower. My yak will fly really slowly without falling off. My suggestion to you is to stay away from AW planes unless you have the know how to fix some of their problems in hardware or design. They have a selection of planes that have been redesigned many times and those are the ones you should buy although you still need to replace some of their hardware even after so many redesigns. That's been my personal experience and also reflected in this forum by many.
Can you give us an example or link to a thread concerning AW hardware or design. I own the AW 50cc Ultimate, Extra 300 and the Yak and I would like to know if there are issues. Thanks
Old 10-26-2010, 01:37 PM
tarheelflyer

The AW 50cc Yak was my first gas plane. I would highly recommend it as a first gas scale plane. The build is easy, the plane flies very precise, and it floats on landing. Additionally, the plane is a survivor. I subjected it to many hard landings in the beginning (it being my first gas/giant plane and all) with only bent gear and busted wheel pants to show for it!

Old 10-26-2010, 05:35 PM
5150flyer

ORIGINAL: tarheelflyer

The AW 50cc Yak was my first gas plane. I would highly recommend it as a first gas scale plane. The build is easy, the plane flies very precise, and it floats on landing. Additionally, the plane is a survivor. I subjected it to many hard landings in the beginning (it being my first gas/giant plane and all) with only bent gear and busted wheel pants to show for it!

I agree, it was my first gas plane and the directions are really helpful. I hit a gopher hole once and it bent the gear back, but that was it. Put a DA50 and a canister on it.

I use all the AW hardware other than the fuel tank.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:12 PM
bgw45
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: 5150flyer

I agree, it was my first gas plane and the directions are really helpful. I hit a gopher hole once and it bent the gear back, but that was it. Put a DA50 and a canister on it.

I use all the AW hardware other than the fuel tank.
The 50cc Yak was my first gasser too. I have used all their hardware... even the tanks with no issues. You guys are right, they hold up well and come more complete than any other ARF if have purchased. I know that some of the tanks have failed, but I have had no issues with mine. They do weigh a little more than others ( 3D Hobbyshop or Extreme Flight ) but are beefier. I also have tested by the usual "dumb thumb" methods and found them very forgiving and easy to repair.

I'd give AW a big thumbs up.

Correction: I had my first tank split at the plug a day after posting this. The foot tastes... well ... not too bad. I still really like my AW stuff but now I have experienced the tank failure issue.