Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Aeroworks Vendor Forum
Reload this Page >

New 30cc Extra 300

Community
Search
Notices
Aeroworks Vendor Forum This is the place to go for all your questions concerning anything Aeroworks. Rocco, Mark, and the rest of the Aeroworks staff will be manning this forum so that they can answer all your questions.

New 30cc Extra 300

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 07:07 PM
bemeson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New 30cc Extra 300

Tony,
I appologize, I did not see your post until today. I sealed both sides of the rudder, the bottom of the ailerons, and elevator. I had enough covering for all. I will tell you that I prefer blendaderm tape to the covering though. I was out of the tape. The tape is avail at most walgreens in the first aid section. It is the tape that is used on surgery scars. It works great and is easy to reseal if needed.

Brian
Old 06-10-2011, 02:59 AM
TonyL

Brian-

Thanks. I ended up doing the same. Looking forward to getting her in the air!

Tony
Old 06-24-2011, 07:37 AM
juanes1969

Has anyone flown this plane? I´m about to buy it for my SYSSA 30cc engine, but would like to know the weight of the plane and how it handles?
Thanks,
John
Old 06-24-2011, 06:28 PM
TonyL

Hey John-

I am close to putting her in the air. Waiting on my batteries, switches and regulators which will be here Monday. Hope to maiden sometime next week. I will let you know. I have not put it on the scale. It feels plenty light with a DLE30 on it. Cant imagine me wanting it any lighter. We will see how she handles soon.

Tony
Old 07-09-2011, 06:29 AM
TonyL

Hey John-

Not sure if you are still interested in how it flies. It flies great - tracks bigger in the air than it is. I have about 7 flights on it with a DLE30. Landing is a piece of cake as it glides in - plus I am running a smaller prop for break-in. I am sure once I go with a bigger prop, it will slow things down even more. If you like Extra's, highly recommend this one. Aeroworks (Mark Dennis) support is fantastic. Any questions, let me know-

Tony
Old 07-23-2011, 09:41 AM
elkiwi
My Feedback: (2)

Hi Tony, congratulations for your extra 300, I have a AW Yak 54 50cc and planning to order an extra 30cc next week, I have some questions. Does the kit come whit the Decals of the AW site pictures?, Wish servos and Prop?? please send share some pics..
Old 07-24-2011, 05:25 AM
TonyL

Hi elkiwi-

I did not use any decals. They do come with them and seem to be close to what their pictures show. I used Hitec 7985 MG Digitals on everything except the throttle. I used a Hitec HS-635 on that. I am using 2 Fromeco 2600 Li-ons - one for ignition and receiver. Obviously running regulators. Here is a few pics of the inside and outside of the plane. I had to put both batteries further back to get it to balance - you will see them under the receiver. This plane builds nose heavy if using a DLE30CC (which I did). I ran about 1.5 gallons with a Xoar 18x8 and just switched to a Xoar 19x8 with carbon spinner. Plane tracks bigger than it is. If you have any more questions, let me know - happy to help.

Thanks-

Tony
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91949.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	1639227   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm37572.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	1639228  
Old 07-24-2011, 06:45 AM
stevehookem

I'm about to start my assembly this week. My 300 will have the DLE 30 and use the same ignition and receiver battery set-up as you have.Iwill have Savox 1258TG servosfor all but the throttle.

I've been following the Edge build thread. It seems to be similar. Did you have any "hiccups" during your completion?

Steve

PS: Love the shot of the plane on the bed! I've been asked several times over the years if I plan to bring the plane to bed with me! haha
Old 07-24-2011, 08:26 AM
TonyL

Steve-

I asked my wife if I could sleep with the plane - conversation didnt go so well - LOL. I lost my office (made into a baby room) when we had our first child so the only place I could build was the guest room! Too hot in the garage. Anyway, the plane really comes with all the hardware. Only thing I had to pick up was some fender washers to get the engine clearance for the cowl. The only minor gotcha is dont drill for the battery to be connected on the outside of the engine box. I did that, secured it, then realized I needed to move it back bc of the CG. I used the JTec muffler and have my switches near the front of the plane for both ignition and RX. Other than that, it was very straight forward. This was actually the second plane I have ever put together and my first gasser at that. Let me know if you have any other q's. I am already looking for my next 50CC bird - hope the bed is big enough!

Tony
Old 07-24-2011, 08:51 AM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

just curious ..I have 3 hs 5625;s metal gears and since I own them was wondering if I could safely use them on this plane or another dle30cc plane in the 10 to 10.5 pound range .say for IMac aerobatics.I also have a HS7955TG for the rudder.now if I buy a fourth 5625(6v 130torque)I was hoping I could go 2 aileron and 2 elevator and rudder 7955TG..

fairly new and just need honest input.not trying to be cheap just reign in my budget but be safe too.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:29 AM
TonyL

The manual recommends at least the 5645 but you may be OK. I dont have enough experience to tell you either way. Hopefully someone else can chime in.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:53 AM
TonyL

Steve-

Forgot to mention one other gotcha. The manual calls for a certain drill bit in order to drill the motor mounts. It was not the right size. Just match the hole in the wood template they give you as far as drill bit is concerned. I got lucky and checked it. If I recall correctly, it would have been too big of a hole. if I used what the manual recommends.

Tony
Old 07-25-2011, 06:58 AM
stevehookem

Thanks for the heads up! I'll note that.

ORIGINAL: TonyL

Steve-

Forgot to mention one other gotcha. The manual calls for a certain drill bit in order to drill the motor mounts. It was not the right size. Just match the hole in the wood template they give you as far as drill bit is concerned. I got lucky and checked it. If I recall correctly, it would have been too big of a hole. if I used what the manual recommends.

Tony