Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Aeroworks Vendor Forum
Reload this Page >

AW Extra 300 QB/DLE 20 CG

Community
Search
Notices
Aeroworks Vendor Forum This is the place to go for all your questions concerning anything Aeroworks. Rocco, Mark, and the rest of the Aeroworks staff will be manning this forum so that they can answer all your questions.

AW Extra 300 QB/DLE 20 CG

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 02:54 PM
dusty1966

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AW Extra 300 QB/DLE 20 CG

Just put a DLE 20 in my AW Extra 300 QB,had to add 4 ouncesof lead on the tail to make it balance per the manual,anybody have the same plane, motor
combination having to do this?
Old 02-07-2011, 04:29 PM
Jezmo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: AW Extra 300 QB/DLE 20 CG

Dusty, I moved my battery packs to the rear, as far as I can reach back under the turtle deck, in order to keep the added weight to a minimum. (They are velcro'd together and velcro'd to the airframe with a velcro tie-down as well.) I didn't need 4oz tail weight for sure but I don't remember exactly how much it was. Try to keep it as light as humanly possible or it will get snappy on you. I don't even have the wheel pants on mine and I use a 900mAh NiMH pack for the ignition in order to save weight as well.

P.S. With the DLE you should be about 7oz heavier overall than with a 95AX so save weight anywhere you can.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:07 PM
dusty1966

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AW Extra 300 QB/DLE 20 CG

battery packs to the rear,Thanks, will give that a try.