Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Aeroworks Vendor Forum
Reload this Page >

CG location middle of wing tube?

Community
Search
Notices
Aeroworks Vendor Forum This is the place to go for all your questions concerning anything Aeroworks. Rocco, Mark, and the rest of the Aeroworks staff will be manning this forum so that they can answer all your questions.

CG location middle of wing tube?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 08:34 AM
Lins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CG location middle of wing tube?

So, I just re-checked the balance of my 75cc Extra, and before hand decided I would run a string between the wingtips with the fuselage 'removed' At 3" at the tip, the string runs just fwd of the wing tube center line. Most people have been saying 3 1/8 to 3 3/8" seems to be the sweet spot, which puts it right down the middle of the wing tube. Coincidence? It would make sense to me the wing tube is designed to be right where the cg is located. Just a thought to why people have been saying 3" is too fwd for the Extra 260. Yes, I realize the instructions say 3" is just a STARTING POINT. Cheers
Old 06-28-2011, 05:13 PM
Jezmo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: CG location middle of wing tube?

They generally try to get the tube located where the center of pressure will be so the tube takes the load instead of the wood. I can't speak for the 75cc but on my 50cc, yes, the starting point IS WAY too far forward. The sweet spot seems to vary from one individual to another as I like mine way further back than anyone else I fly with. It's further back than even the aft suggested limit by almost 1/4 inch. Most awesome plane I've flown in my 40 years of RC.