Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Aeroworks Vendor Forum
Reload this Page >

Introducing the 52" Freestyle Extra 260 QB-L

Notices
Aeroworks Vendor Forum This is the place to go for all your questions concerning anything Aeroworks. Rocco, Mark, and the rest of the Aeroworks staff will be manning this forum so that they can answer all your questions.

Introducing the 52" Freestyle Extra 260 QB-L

Old 10-17-2011, 10:37 AM
Mark Dennis
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Introducing the 52" Freestyle Extra 260 QB-L

Aeroworks Freestyle Extra 260 QB-L

Aeroworks is proud to add the new Freestyle Extra 260 QB-L (Quick Build-Light Series) to our growing line of airplanes. Designed with the demanding 3D pilot in mind, this new airplane features many exciting and revolutionary concepts that are sure to make it the hit of your hangar. The Freestyle Extra 260 QB-L is the first in the new QB-L Series and it is sure to impress with its light weight build quality and its impressive airframe strength and longevity. The new QB-L features all of the Quick Build characteristics that Aeroworks has been known for, assembling the new Freestyle Extra 260 QB-L can be done is as little as 6 hours!

Included with the new Freestyle Extra 260 QB-L is an extensive hardware package that includes Carbon main landing gear, wing tube and the new, non-flex carbon control horns. All of these accessories are designed to be rigid and strong while providing the lightest weight possible for an airplane this size. Ball links have been provided for the smoothest in control surface movement while still allowing for 50+ Degrees of surface deflection on the Ailerons and Rudder with over 60 Degrees of deflection on the elevator! Motor mounting hardware has been provided to aid in mounting most motors and the firewall has been pre-drilled for many popular motor options!

The airframe itself features a large wing to provide an incredibly low wing loading, perfect for 3D flying! The new wing design also features both outboard and inboard Side Force Generators (SFG's) these SFG’s are pre-mounted and can be removed in seconds if desired. Along with the new wing design are the airfoiled tail surfaces that provide great control authority even at low speeds. These extra features make the Freestyle Extra 260 QB-L one of the most responsive 3D airplanes in its class. The Freestyle Extra 260 QB-L extensive build features include; pre-mounted cowling, pre-mounted wheel pants, quick release pre-mounted canopy and a large battery tray that will accommodate 3 cell to 5 cell batteries.

Aeroworks is excited to introduce our new line of QB-L airplanes starting with the Freestyle Extra 260 QB-L. With 20 years in the industry, you can be assured that Aeroworks will be here to provide you with the amazing product support that we have been known for. Hurry into your local Aeroworks dealer to see the Freestyle Extra 260 QB-L in person or continue reading to learn more about the new Freestyle Extra 260 QB-L and all of its exciting new features!

Specs:

Wing Span: 52”

Wing Area: 560

Fuse Length (Rudder to Spinner) 47”

Weight w/o Battery 53.5 Ounces

Key Features:

· Light Weight Design

· Carbon Wing Tube, Main Gear and Control Horns

· Drop In installation for Hacker A30-12XL or Torque 2814T/820

· Pre-mounted canopy with quick release latch

· Pre-mounted cowling

· Airfoiled tail surfaces

· Inboard and Outboard SFG’s

· QB Quality and Fast Build Time

The Manual, Slide Show, and Flying Video will be up as soon as possible. Thanks again for all of the interest in this airplane, I'm excited to get it out to all of you!

http://aero-works.net/store/detail.aspx?ID=496
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19915.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	576.7 KB
ID:	1675569   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni23590.jpg
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	1675570   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81446.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	1675571   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa84708.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	1675572   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12494.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	1675573   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb89608.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	1675574  
Old 10-17-2011, 05:44 PM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Introducing the 52

well mark looks like a homerun!I have a few 2814's to use and some spare hs 65mg's witha 45 airboss.I assume you tried it with 4s packs like 2650's..of course by getting one some of friends will say I went to the darkside. but I want a different 3d ..have decided on a price..??
Old 10-20-2011, 03:49 PM
Aero-Works

We have been testing it with several different combinations. Mark should have a video posted soon.

The price has been set at $289.95 they are in production and we should have the first container Jan 2012

Thanks
Rocco / Aeroworks
Old 11-06-2011, 11:08 AM
bjackson1206
My Feedback: (2)

when do you think you will be accepting pre orders looks nice
Old 12-21-2011, 09:12 AM
Mark Dennis

We have posted the first flying video of the new 52" Freestyle Extra 260 QB-L on our website!

The planes are being built now and should be ready to ship around the end of January. Remember, all preorders will receive free shipping!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6FLLy12bMs

Thank You,
Mark Dennis
Aeroworks
Old 01-12-2012, 08:30 AM
Mark Dennis

The new 52" Freestyle Extra 260's are here! The 40 foot container just arrived and is being unloaded as I type.

If you were one of the many on our pre-order list you should be expecting a call from us in the
next couple of days.

Remember, if you missed the preorder process you can still order one today, orders can be done here: http://aero-works.net/store/detail.aspx?ID=496 or you can call our sales staff to place an order at (303) 371-4222

Thanks for all of the support!

Here are a couple of pictures showing their arrival:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29469.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	1713060   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt61529.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	1713061   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb74717.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	1713062   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87262.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	1713063   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw73249.jpg
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	1713064  
Old 02-21-2012, 08:13 AM
Mark Dennis

Aeroworks 52” Freestyle Extra 260 Pricing update:

Due to a large volume of preorders and sales, as well as the overwhelming response we saw from our Valentines sale we have been able to increase or production order for the 52” Freestyle Extra 260 QB-L. With this increase in production we have been able to lower the price of many of the components that it takes to build the airplane. Aeroworks has decided to pass our savings on to the customer by lowering the price of our incredible new Freestyle Extra 260 QB-L to $249.95! This new price will go into effect immediately so if you have been on the fence about getting one now is the time!

So far all of the flight reports we have received have been very positive and we are looking forward to hearing more from all of the pilots who are currently building theirs!

Here is a video of Jason Danhakl flying his from last week:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPst6ury7g0[/youtube]

The airplanes are in stock and going fast so be sure to order yours soon!

[link=http://aero-works.net/store/detail.aspx?ID=496]52" Freestyle Extra 260 QB-L[/link]