Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

AW edge 540 50cc or AW extra 260 50cc

Greetings !hi.
    i am some what in a situation here and cannot decide wether i should go with the extra 260 or the edge 540.... please share some light in this as it will also be my first 50cc. I enjoy basic to sportsman aerobatics and truly love speed and occasional wild snaps and blenders.

thanks and hope to get some good advice as my flying buddies all fly anything but aeroworks and are into hardcore 3d. Its my 13th month flying and currently loving my .60 edge 540 from aeroworks.!!!!
    You are neither here nor there . . .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: AW edge 540 50cc or AW extra 260 50cc

EG 540 With a DA60

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Buy the edge with a dle 55

Great slow speed characteristics and unlimited vertical

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I love my AW Extra 260 with a DA50 and canister. It is by far my best IMAC flying plane and it will go fast if that is what you want My 260 will also do basic 3D stuff well and it can really tumble if you know what you are doing. The Edge is a big plane and I wouldn't be happy with it on a DA50.

My experience with AW quality has always been great. And the AW instructions are truly second to none, follow the step by step directions and you will have a great flying plane.

Also the AW 50cc planes are built tough. I hit a mole right after landing my AW 50cc Yak54 which nosed the plane over. One night of repairs and it is as good as new - no big deal.
    The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the suggestion. I currently have the .60 edge 540 and i agree with you on  the extra 260 . Something about the edge that makes me feel its THE PLANE!!!! A buddy of mine keeps suggesting the extra yak 54 but i always end up falling for the edge.. I guess it would be great to progress with the edge from small to big considering one's familiarity with its flight characteristics. what servos do you use? Im considering hitec 7955(would it be an overkill? can i use something with lower torque?) or spektrum 6030.
    Thanks 
    You are neither here nor there . . .