Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Aeroworks Vendor Forum
Reload this Page >

mounting a gasser to the 90-120 yak

Community
Search
Notices
Aeroworks Vendor Forum This is the place to go for all your questions concerning anything Aeroworks. Rocco, Mark, and the rest of the Aeroworks staff will be manning this forum so that they can answer all your questions.

mounting a gasser to the 90-120 yak

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 07:42 AM
Wully
My Feedback: (26)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mounting a gasser to the 90-120 yak

I have a 32cc gasser that i want to mount on this bird. I need to back the engine up about 3/4" to give me about 1/4" clearance from the cowl. I have read the 2 following senarios and wanted a few more comments from Aero-works and other experienced flyers who have actually done this.

1) Cut the front end off the engine box with a razor knife about 1/4" back....then remove about 3/4" from the middle and re-apply the front using ply and 30min epoxy w/ tri-stock for extra support.

2) The engine came with 2 1/2" stand offs. I have 1 3/4" stand offs which would be the right length for proper cowl clearance but I would have to cut out the firewall for the carb which places the needles right inline with it []
Thanks,
Frank
Old 01-02-2012, 10:57 PM
ss_camaro69
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: mounting a gasser to the 90-120 yak

I did a similar engine install... and put a DLE-30 on the Yak. I used the shorter stand-offs and cut a hole in the firewall. I also installed a venturi on the carb to avoid any unburned fuel spitting back into the plane. I used a venturi made for the Zenoah engines (Tower Hobbies part #LXYTF4, but don't know if this would work with your engine or not???). There never appeared to be any fuel or evidence thereof behind the firewall. Hopefully you can modify the firewall to allow acess to the mixture screws... I did my tuning with the cowl off, then really don't need to touch them after it's set up right on a gasser. Good luck with your install. The power onthis frame was very much worth the effort!