Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Aeroworks Vendor Forum
Reload this Page >

Receiver on top of battery?

Community
Search
Notices
Aeroworks Vendor Forum This is the place to go for all your questions concerning anything Aeroworks. Rocco, Mark, and the rest of the Aeroworks staff will be manning this forum so that they can answer all your questions.

Receiver on top of battery?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2015, 07:25 PM
Pete1burn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Receiver on top of battery?

I'm finishing up an Extra 300 build with a DLE 20 and I'm trying to figure out where to put all of the electronics. I'm running it all of a LiFe battery with a Tech I-BEC so I can't put the ignition module on one side of the firewall as the manual states because I have nothing to go on the other side. I'm thinking of placing the battery in the middle of the electronics tray and the ignition box on top of the fuel tank (separated by foam of course.)

Can I place the receiver on top of the battery or will that cause interference or range problems? Otherwise I might have to tie wrap it to the wing tube in the fuse.

Any tips or pics on middle-balance setups would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-30-2015, 05:09 PM
FlyWheel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To the best of my knowledge a steady direct current flow doesn't cause any radio interference, it's when you start oscillating or alternating the current that problems arise. However, I don't know all the vagaries of the 2.4 systems either, for all I know it could turn your RX into a frog!

Also if you tend to really push your batteries you may want to be sure your receiver doesn't get too hot.