Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Aeroworks Vendor Forum
Reload this Page >

Introducing the new 90-1.20 Yak QB

Community
Search
Notices
Aeroworks Vendor Forum This is the place to go for all your questions concerning anything Aeroworks. Rocco, Mark, and the rest of the Aeroworks staff will be manning this forum so that they can answer all your questions.

Introducing the new 90-1.20 Yak QB

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 10:06 PM
Mark Dennis
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Introducing the new 90-1.20 Yak QB

ORIGINAL: leblanc

hey guys,

Wow this is a very nice looking plane!

When I saw that this was for .90 to 1.20 size I was sure this was a misprint. Well looks like I was wrong. I really want one now and can't wait to them here!

Mark in your first shipement, will there be some going to great hobbies in Canada alberta? Is easier for me to buy my planes through them.

Also what do you guys think of power to weight with the evolution 26 in the nose of this plane? I see that the OS 1.20 is rated for 3.1HP and the evo26 3.8, although I know readings are often wrong, please let me know what you think. I don't really want to go glow because of the price of glow fuel, I am going to be flying this one alot.

Thanks again.

LeBlanc
I am not sure if any are going there, my best suggestion would be to get in contact with great hobbies and tell them to contact us if you would like to order it through them. The evo would be a good gas alternative on the Yak as the OS pulled it around with awesome authority. You can also see it now and look over the manuel on our site. Here is the link: [link=http://aero-works.net/store/detail.aspx?ID=288]Yak[/link]

Old 01-22-2007, 10:54 PM
leblanc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How would you campare the power of the OS 1.20 to the 50cc yak and a da 50 setup?

Thanks

LeBlanc
Old 01-22-2007, 11:17 PM
Mark Dennis

ORIGINAL: leblanc

How would you campare the power of the OS 1.20 to the 50cc yak and a da 50 setup?

Thanks

LeBlanc
I would say that the 1.20 has the edge in power.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:20 PM
Sewerdude
My Feedback: (20)

I gotta have to one! I was eyeballin this plane at Toledo last April. Its a must have
Old 01-28-2007, 03:59 PM
ben beyer
My Feedback: (23)

Mark,

I fly up at Love Air. After flying the 90-120 Yak with the OS 120AX, do you think it needs the power of the 160FX up at our altitude?

How did the Yak/120AX compare to the Yak/Saito 125?
Old 01-28-2007, 08:50 PM
Mark Dennis

The OS 1.20 had plenty of power to do any manuver we wanted, even at our alltitude on a warm day.
Old 02-16-2007, 06:10 PM
Sewerdude

I pre ordered mine in Jan. Could you tell us Mark, if these are "on the water" yet. Thanks
Old 02-17-2007, 09:58 AM
olstoney
My Feedback: (19)

Mark,
I sent an e-mail to support Thursday 2/15 asking a couple of questions about the plane. Should I wait longer for a response, or post the questions here? Thanks....
Old 02-18-2007, 02:12 PM
Mark Dennis

You can post them here.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:13 PM
olstoney

Mark,

I have followed the thread on the 50CC Yak since the beginning and have the following questions about this model.

1) There were many comments about the 50CC plane coming in heavier than the advertised weight. I understand about the variables involved with the wood selection and humidity. Your comments please on your feelings about a YS 110 FZ on this model, especially if the actual weight comes in about a pound heavier that advertised.

2) Were the problems discovered in the 50CC plane such as the covering seam problem, landing gear block breaking loose etc, that were later rectified and handled in the later productions runs been addressed into the design of this model?

3) As a matter of personal preference, can the end user without a major problem change the single control horn setup to duals like those on the 50CC model or use the Dubro 6/32" capscrew type horns?

4) Lastly, when do you expect delivery, to start shipping and what will the shipping costs be in the lower 48?

This is an expensive model for the size, so please do not construe my questions as being on the negative as I wish to purchase the best. Thank you guys for bringing some innovative products to market.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:58 PM
Mark Dennis

ORIGINAL: olstoney

Mark,

I have followed the thread on the 50CC Yak since the beginning and have the following questions about this model.

1) There were many comments about the 50CC plane coming in heavier than the advertised weight. I understand about the variables involved with the wood selection and humidity. Your comments please on your feelings about a YS 110 FZ on this model, especially if the actual weight comes in about a pound heavier that advertised.

2) Were the problems discovered in the 50CC plane such as the covering seam problem, landing gear block breaking loose etc, that were later rectified and handled in the later productions runs been addressed into the design of this model?

3) As a matter of personal preference, can the end user without a major problem change the single control horn setup to duals like those on the 50CC model or use the Dubro 6/32" capscrew type horns?

4) Lastly, when do you expect delivery, to start shipping and what will the shipping costs be in the lower 48?

This is an expensive model for the size, so please do not construe my questions as being on the negative as I wish to purchase the best. Thank you guys for bringing some innovative products to market.
1. As long as the plane is built the way we describe in the manuel the weights listed will be achieved, The 1.10 should be an awesome motor for this plane and will keep the weight down.

2. Yes all of the issues we addresses on the 50cc have been taken care of on this model along with all of the other Aeroworks planes.

3. You could use the double truss style horn without issue, but just as a side not the included horns work great for this model and help save a little weight.

4. We expect these around late march the shipping prices have not yet been set.

No problem on all of the questions, let me know if you have any more.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:55 PM
olstoney

Mark,
Thanks I'm going to give her a try. What's the best way to sign up for the list or to call and get on it?
Old 02-19-2007, 09:46 PM
Mark Dennis

Glad to hear you decided on the yak, dont hesitait to post here or give us a call if you have any questions regarding the airplane. Just give us a call or send us an email to [email protected] stating that you would like to order the plane and provide your contact info.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:01 AM
olstoney

Mark,

E-mail with contact info sent this morning . Can you kindly have someone confirm receipt on the pre-order?

Tough to tell from the photos and instruction manual, but looks like I'll need a larger fuel tank to feed the YS.

(1) Can you recommend what size Tettra or Hayes (over 16oz) may fit without major modification and will I be able to move the tank back closer to the wingtube as well?

(2) Where does a good spot look to mount a couple of Madison 1/4 turn fuel dots?

(3) Might have missed in the photos or instruction manual where the switch cutouts are located. Can you help with that? I use the larger HD JR or Electrodynamics charge port switches.

Thanks for the assistance .
Old 03-03-2007, 05:08 PM
louie525
My Feedback: (1)

Hi,

I am in the market for this Yak but why does it need 8 channels? 2 for the elevators, 2 for the ailerons or do they have 2 per aileron? Rudder and throttle? Is the plane that big to warrant double aileron servos? I want to use the YS 140FZ the older design will this be OK? What is the availability on the plane - when will it be in stock to ship?

Just need some basic info on the plane.

Thanks
Old 03-03-2007, 05:27 PM
Mark Dennis

louie525,
The yak only has one servo per aileron, so a 6 channel radio will work just fine. The YS, will be a rockin little combo for this plane and should let you enjoy it to its full potential!
Old 03-04-2007, 06:18 PM
chadderbox

Hi Mark,
I'm trying to decide on which yak to put my evolution 26 gt gasser in. Its going to be between your company or Quique's aircraft yak 54. Your Yak looks a lot better and I am very interested but I can't seem to find any information on this combo anyware. I found a lot of video and information on Quique's Yak 54 and I really like the performance but I don't like the way it looks. Do you have any idea what the overall weight would be with the gt 26 on your plane and wing loading? Help me decide. Thanks
Old 03-04-2007, 07:32 PM
Sewerdude

Any updates Mark? Was wondering how close we are to receiving these.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:46 PM
Mark Dennis

ORIGINAL: chadderbox

Hi Mark,
I'm trying to decide on which yak to put my evolution 26 gt gasser in. Its going to be between your company or Quique's aircraft yak 54. Your Yak looks a lot better and I am very interested but I can't seem to find any information on this combo anyware. I found a lot of video and information on Quique's Yak 54 and I really like the performance but I don't like the way it looks. Do you have any idea what the overall weight would be with the gt 26 on your plane and wing loading? Help me decide. Thanks
Both yaks are good airplanes, ours however comes with all of the hardware needed, along with much more work done. We have been flying the prototypes with an OS 1.20 and performance has been excalent, I am not to familiar with your spacific engine but if it is within the 28-37oz range performance will be great! This airplane has taken full advantage of our QB concept and will not only be the fastest build you have seen but will be a great performer! Plaese let us know if you have any further questions.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:47 PM
Mark Dennis

ORIGINAL: Sewerdude

Any updates Mark? Was wondering how close we are to receiving these.
We are expecting them to arrive around the end of this month or april.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:59 PM
pliebo

hey there, how are ya? I ordered one of these awhile back and was wondering , do they charge my card right away or do they wait till the yaks get here? I want to make sure I have enough money in the bank when they charge my debit.

I am planning on using either YS 110 or YS 140 do you think it would be worth the weight penalty to go with the 140 or would the 110 be plenty of power? I realize it's all a matter of opinion but I'd like some input before I order an engine. thanks alot!
Old 03-09-2007, 08:41 PM
Mark Dennis

We do not charge the cards until the planes are in and after we have called the customers to confirm that you still want the plane. As for the 1.10 vs the 1.40 I would go with the 1.10 and keep the plane light, the power at 6000'asl with on OS 1.20 two stroke was ballistic and I'm sure you would get the same performance with the 1.10 at sealevel and be on the light side which is always better.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:46 PM
corbac

i would like to put a saito 1.25 in mine, do you think it will be ok for vertical unlimited?
Old 03-21-2007, 12:33 PM
rcplanenut
My Feedback: (12)

Hi Mark,

Can you tell us if they are on the water yet. I noticed the due date has changed on the AW website.

Jim
Old 03-24-2007, 06:57 AM
hitcttd
My Feedback: (8)

I would guess no. I have a saito 125 on a Funtana 100 and vertical is good but not unlimited.. The Yak is going to be bigger, and weight about half a pound more...

Shame though i would've loved to strip my funtana and throw it in this new yak...

Can't wait for flight reports...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.