Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Aeroworks Vendor Forum
Reload this Page >

Fromeco Battery Capacity

Notices
Aeroworks Vendor Forum This is the place to go for all your questions concerning anything Aeroworks. Rocco, Mark, and the rest of the Aeroworks staff will be manning this forum so that they can answer all your questions.

Fromeco Battery Capacity

Old 08-03-2006, 09:10 PM
Bobby Folsom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fromeco Battery Capacity

Guys, I have measured the batteries (2 x 4800 mah flight packs and 1 x 2400 mah ignition) before and after every flight using the "8-ball" meter by Fromeco. I have found that will my flying style (practicing the IMAC Sportsman sequenes) I can get 10 14 minutes of actual flight time before I come close to the 7.0 recharge time. All of my readings are taken under the 1 amp load. I have a Duralite Plus Li-ion in my 10X which can get 3+ hrs of "on time".

The two packs don't discharge at the same rate due to slightly different voltages and resistance.but that's okay - I'll just switch the batteries after another 20-30 flights.

I switched to Li-ion batteries a couple of years ago and I have never looked back. They are the way to go.

All of the above is just some data you can take or leave.

Bobby
Old 08-04-2006, 12:15 AM
Rockyaged

Default RE: Fromeco Battery Capacity

Bobby..
That all sounds great... I installed a Smart-Fly Bat Share between the same
batteries and the two regulators, and my batteries discharge at the same rate.
The unit is not expensive, is light weight, but not necessary.. Just another idea.

Gerald
Old 08-04-2006, 06:38 AM
charrua
My Feedback: (47)

Are you using 2 4800 for the RX?????? that's way too much why you you want the extra weight????

I got 1 2400 on RX and 1 2400 on ign. with 5 JR 8611 1 futaba digital for throttle and 1 more for choke,, and I can get 20+ flights of 10 to 15 minutes each doing 3D and the batteries are fine.

You can get those batteries down to 6V before you ever need to charge them!!!

How many servos you got?????
Old 08-04-2006, 07:45 AM
shakes268

ORIGINAL: charrua

You can get those batteries down to 6V before you ever need to charge them!!!
Fromeco explicitly states to charge the batteries at 7.0 volts.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:55 AM
Bobby Folsom

The plane is an AW QB 260, 2 8611a on each wing, 1 8611a on each elevator, 1 8611a on a pull-pull rudder and 1 8231 on throttle. I think from what I've measured that sequence flying is more demanding of battery/servo power than is 3D stuff - probably due to higher surface loads from the higher speed of air across the surfaces.

I had Fromeco put the HD wire with Deans connectors on along with the HD Fromeco switches also with Deans connectors going to the Fromeco regulators. The BatShare that I already have doesn't have Deans connectors so I can't use it but I have used a BATShare on my WH 260 and they work great. I guess I'm too cheap to get Bob at SmartFly to set me up a BatShare with Deans input connectors.

Bobby
Old 08-04-2006, 04:19 PM
sweetpea01
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

7v at a 1 amp load is what he meant.

Also most of us run dual RX batts for redundancy......we accept the weigth gain
Old 08-04-2006, 04:49 PM
charrua
My Feedback: (47)

we have a friends AW 260 also setup with dual batts. but we are only using 2 2400 mah. with the bat share,,,,which I think it's not working right because 1 batt. it's always lower than the other one!!!!

back when I got my batteries over 1 1/2 years ago I talk to Kurt at Fromeco and he told me it was safe to let the battery go to 6volts before charging!!!!

I left one plugged to my supereliaswitches and for like 2 weeks I didn't noticed it,,and drained the battery all the way down to 1.86volts,,, it was ruined bu tchargine it lot of times with my Triton charger finnaly got it up to 5.5 volts and then it went up all the way up to 8+volts,,,,and it has been fine ever since!!!!

it's my ignition battery that why I don';t worry about it!!!!