Notices
Aeroworks Vendor Forum This is the place to go for all your questions concerning anything Aeroworks. Rocco, Mark, and the rest of the Aeroworks staff will be manning this forum so that they can answer all your questions.

50cc Extra 260 ARF

Old 12-05-2006, 05:20 AM
AussiePilot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default 50cc Extra 260 ARF

Hey guys, im really thinking hard about this gasser as my first gass experience. i have never had a gasser yet i was just wondering if there was any floors with this model, and how the build went.????
The only thing im not sure off is In the user manual they use lithium ion batts, i have never used these before i always use 6v NIMH batts, and are the regulators needed.???
i will be running Hitec 5945 all around do u think they be fine.??
Old 12-05-2006, 10:06 AM
Grelker
My Feedback: (58)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: 50cc Extra 260 ARF

You will not be disappointed with this as your first. I wish I had started into gassers with this plane. It lands about as slow as a trainer. Li-Ion are not required, but if you use them, you will need regulators. As an aside, a buddy of mine that flys pattern told me he burned up a PCM receiver with a 6v nimh. As you know, they can be around 7volts when first charged. I now use regulators on everything!
I'm using 5985's all around except 5955tg on the rudder. The 5985's are basically identical to the 5945's

The build is fast, if you're looking for a winter project (it's summer there, right?), this isn't it. You could build in a weekend if you stay with it.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:28 AM
wavy777

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I cant comment on how the 260 is with a gasser, I have a Moki 2.10 in mine. But as far as the model is concerened I have 5645's on aileron and elevator, 8611 on rudder. I used all stock hardware, with a few minor additions such as CF sleeves on the pushrods (looks sexier and adds some stiffness!). I have to say the kit quality and speed of build is very good.

With the Moki mine balanced perfectly with the rudder in the tail and a 3400Mah battery behing the wingtube...

The 260's an awesome flyer, very very capable...you'll have a blast...the Moki is too much power really..the DA is gonna be silly...have fun...

Cheers

W
Old 12-15-2006, 06:52 AM
thibor

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey,

A friend is thinking of bying this one as his first gasser. We live in Belgium (Europe), any idea how he can get it here?

Thanks,
Philip
Old 12-15-2006, 03:16 PM
dougtx

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Old 12-19-2006, 07:32 AM
thibor

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Wavy777

I see that you live in the UK, how did you get the plane? Is there a local dealer?
I live in Belgium and a friend would like to buy this one as his first gasser.

All help is welcome.

Thanks,
Philip
Old 01-09-2007, 10:58 PM
micp
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I just recieved mine and I am very impressed. Definitely the best ARF I have ever owned. I think it is a perfect first gasser.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:21 AM
judsterky
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Did anybody use a BME 50cc on this plane and if so how did you mount it. Did you used the collars provided etc. I have not received the kit yet but will arrive shortly. I'm talking about the Extra 260 QB
Old 07-12-2007, 07:25 AM
reyn3545

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

All you need to worry about is two measurements...

1. Distance between the back side of your engine mounting bolts and the front side of your prop back-plate
2. Distance between the firewall and the front of your cowl.

Subtract 1 from 2, and that's the size of spacer you need between the engine and firewall.

OR.. if I remember, the manual tells you how much space you need between the firewall and your prop back-plate. Just take measurement #1 above and add a spacer long enough to equal the size they specify. If you want to get a jump-start on ordering the proper spacer, I think you can download the assembly instructions from the AW website.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:24 PM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Actually, the BME 50 mounts like a regular nitro engine, so it needs a rail mount. That may add a bit of complexity if the rails on the engine and mount are not centered.
Still, all you need is a good, preferably aluminum, engine mount and figure the height offset of the rails, if any, and then take Reyn's advice...
Old 07-13-2007, 02:15 PM
reyn3545

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Wow.. I didn't know that any of the 50cc engines were rail mounts!!