Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Aeroworks Vendor Forum
Reload this Page >

YAK 54 50CC - CG QUESTION

Community
Search
Notices
Aeroworks Vendor Forum This is the place to go for all your questions concerning anything Aeroworks. Rocco, Mark, and the rest of the Aeroworks staff will be manning this forum so that they can answer all your questions.

YAK 54 50CC - CG QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 12:10 AM
Scooterpilot
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YAK 54 50CC - CG QUESTION

Back in June I received my 50CC Aero Works YAK . Between work and other things I've finally installed 5955's on all control surfaces, a DA 50 with a tuned pipe, Fromeco batteries/regulators (mocked up) , smart fly kill switch, carbon wing tube and carbonspinner, smart fly power box and now I'm ready to balance the machine.

The manual specs call for the CG 4 1/4 inches from the leading edge of the wing measures at the wing tip. With this CG at this location will the model be nuetral in flight or is the CG at this spec a little nose heavy?

Thanks

Chuck
Old 09-23-2007, 01:12 AM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: YAK 54 50CC - CG QUESTION

Chuck,

it's actually pretty neutral...I went to 4 1/8th as I like mine a bit nose heavy and all was good
Old 09-23-2007, 10:29 AM
Scooterpilot
My Feedback: (5)

thanks
Old 03-10-2010, 11:15 PM
kooljb

Hi I'm building the aeroworks yak 54 50cc plane with about all this items listed above. DA 50 tuned pipe fromeco battieries/regulators, smartfly and before installing the battieries/regulators and smartfly I usually leave those items out and with everything else installed to check the cg so know where position this stuff without adding any lead weight. Sorry guys but most of the planes I build in the manual it shows the cg at the fusealge so i can set my plane on the cg machine and know where im at. But the 4.25 @ the wing tip and with tapered wings I dont know where the cg needs to be at the fuse. I dont want to screw up anything so does anyone know what the measurement at the fuse would be based on the 4.25 at the wingtip so i can set my rulers on my cg machine and know Im right.
Thanks for any help.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:14 AM
bgw45
My Feedback: (1)

Why not put the wings on a carpet with the wing tube in place. Mark each tip and draw a string to each tip mark. Where the string crosses the wing root rib is where it should balance.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:18 AM
Mark Dennis
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: kooljb

Hi I'm building the aeroworks yak 54 50cc plane with about all this items listed above. DA 50 tuned pipe fromeco battieries/regulators, smartfly and before installing the battieries/regulators and smartfly I usually leave those items out and with everything else installed to check the cg so know where position this stuff without adding any lead weight. Sorry guys but most of the planes I build in the manual it shows the cg at the fusealge so i can set my plane on the cg machine and know where im at. But the 4.25 @ the wing tip and with tapered wings I dont know where the cg needs to be at the fuse. I dont want to screw up anything so does anyone know what the measurement at the fuse would be based on the 4.25 at the wingtip so i can set my rulers on my cg machine and know Im right.
Thanks for any help.

Using a string as bgw45 said is the best way to determine the CG at the root.

Mark
Old 03-11-2010, 10:30 AM
kooljb

ok I didnt think about that. I will try that when I get home this evening.
Thanks guys
Old 03-12-2010, 11:16 AM
pequeajim
My Feedback: (1)

Bill:

This is one of the planes that i am considering buying and putting a new ZDZ60 RV in. My first choice would be the DA, but I already have the ZDZ on the shelf in a box and from what I hear this aircraft can easily handle the extra weight up front. This might be a good combination for me to start in IMAC?

What are your thoughts on this?

Jim!
Old 03-13-2010, 01:27 PM
gregman50

ORIGINAL: bgw45

Why not put the wings on a carpet with the wing tube in place. Mark each tip and draw a string to each tip mark. Where the string crosses the wing root rib is where it should balance.
This is the way is should be done! Works great. I always balance mine at the tip as in the manual, me and a helper (my wife) pick it where it should be on the tip and check it, have never had a problem. My 50cc Yak flew neutral at the suggested CG in the manual and I never changed it as long as I had the plane.