Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Aeroworks Vendor Forum
Reload this Page >

AW Quick Delivery

Community
Search
Notices
Aeroworks Vendor Forum This is the place to go for all your questions concerning anything Aeroworks. Rocco, Mark, and the rest of the Aeroworks staff will be manning this forum so that they can answer all your questions.

AW Quick Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 04:03 PM
GaryM
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AW Quick Delivery

Considering AW is in the process of changing locations I could not believe how fast they got my order out.

Monday the 23, at about 2pm I placed an order for a 75cc 260. Today, Wednesday the 25, UPS dropped it off around 3pm.

Aurora Co. to Dallas is not that far but three days was really a short delivery time with the order going in so late on Monday.

Plus UPS didnt destroy anything, everything arrived in great shape.

Thanks AW for the quick service.

Gary
Old 06-25-2008, 06:25 PM
zzw26n
My Feedback: (45)

Default RE: AW Quick Delivery

Gary,

What Engine combo you using? Your going to love this plane, straight forward Build, great Flying Plane. I want their 42% with the same scheme.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:40 PM
underdw
My Feedback: (2)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

And how about that packaging!!!!
The usual heavy-duty cardboard box. Then a wood box around that!
Old 06-25-2008, 09:12 PM
MR G

Yes!!! Their packaging is the best I have ever seen!!

I have two Aeroworks planes, and I can tell you that their quick service is only rivaled by their quick builds.

There quality and customer service is fantastic. I can tell you that I will be doing bussiness again with Aeroworks, no doubt about it!!

MR G
Old 06-25-2008, 09:16 PM
GaryM

I have a DA 85 that I broke in in an old airframe that will go in the AW 260.

The packaging is really something, not any damage at all. The thin wood inserts drive up the weight and shipping cost a little but I think it pays off in the long run with no headaches and waiting time on replacement parts.

Can someone comment on the CG. The 3" in the manual seems conservative. I prefer hands off when inverted, even if it means pushing a little down to get it to nose over to come in for a landing approach. What CG have some of you ended at?

With the 85 and a cannister should I put the rudder servo in the tail or on a pull / pull?

Thanks for any advice

Gary
Old 06-26-2008, 09:45 AM
zzw26n

ORIGINAL: GaryM

I have a DA 85 that I broke in in an old airframe that will go in the AW 260. Sweet!
The packaging is really something, not any damage at all. The thin wood inserts drive up the weight and shipping cost a little but I think it pays off in the long run with no headaches and waiting time on replacement parts.

Can someone comment on the CG. The 3" in the manual seems conservative. I would start at the Manual, I'm at the 3" and like it for Precision.
I prefer hands off when inverted, even if it means pushing a little down to get it to nose over to come in for a landing approach. What CG have some of you ended at?

With the 85 and a cannister should I put the rudder servo in the tail or on a pull / pull? Mine is Pull Pull and I'll post a picture of my batteries and electronics (just behind wing tube)CG works good there

Thanks for any advice

Gary
Old 06-26-2008, 10:58 AM
smarks

ORIGINAL: GaryM

I have a DA 85 that I broke in in an old airframe that will go in the AW 260.

Can someone comment on the CG. The 3" in the manual seems conservative. I prefer hands off when inverted, even if it means pushing a little down to get it to nose over to come in for a landing approach. What CG have some of you ended at?

With the 85 and a cannister should I put the rudder servo in the tail or on a pull / pull?

Thanks for any advice

Gary
I was hands off inverted at 3 1/4" to 3/8" back when I maidened. Great for 3D at that location, but I actually moved mine forward a bit for IMAC.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:10 PM
gregman50

I have two AW Yaks a 50cc and a 75cc, I was considering going to the 100cc class and was thinking about going with another company which I will not name but it's so hard to not go with the QB series planes after owning them, I find myself feeling that I would get "less than what I pay for" if I go somewhere else. It's hard to beat these planes, I'm just trying to decide which one to go with the Extra 260 or the Yak, I just sport fly on Saturdays.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:34 AM
GaryM

This is actually my third AW but it has been a while. I had one of their very first ARFs the 35% Edge that was red and white with a yellow pin stripe. Seems like that was maybe 8 years ago. Then a 28% Edge that was a kit and that was a while back also. I started to go with the Yak because I have never owned one. Seems like all I ever fly is Edges and Extras. So at the last minute while on the phone I chicken out and said Extra.

Also thanks to the those who commented on their CG location.

Gary
Old 06-27-2008, 05:51 PM
underdw
My Feedback: (2)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You can't go wrong either way, but try the Yak. I've briefly flown both and prefer the Yak for precision IMAC. My buddy wrote the review in Flying Models (I think) and the plane made a huge difference in his flying.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:19 AM
zzw26n

Extra 260 set up.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pu51142.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	980042