Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Aero Works P-51?

ORIGINAL: Zorba1

Hi Guys is been quite around here latelly.
    I have a question.
    I am setting up the electronics on my 51.
    When I setup the flaps do I apply any elevator input?
    I know on my Cessna 310 I had to add a bit of elevator or else she would baloon up.
    I am using the Aurora 9 channel.
    Thanks in advance
    Bill
    Zorba, My Mustang is as gentle to land as any, I dont even trim the thing, I just drop the gear, drop half flaps and control it with throttle, its that simple

Hope yours flys as well
    Jimmy
    "Go low if you wanna make a show"
    P-40 Brotherhood #49
    Jimmy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: AirWizard

A DA sips about 1 ounce of fuel per minute
    LOL, dont get any on ya[X(]
    P-40 Brotherhood #49
    Jimmy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Any of you guys heard about the new AW P-51 B model? It looks really nice
    P-40 Brotherhood #49
    Jimmy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: n8622t

Any of you guys heard about the new AW P-51 B model? It looks really nice
    I don't see it on their Website.
    You have a link?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That's because it's new and not on the site. It was unveiled at Warbird Over the Rockies, two weeks ago.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: bemeson

That's because it's new and not on the site. It was unveiled at Warbird Over the Rockies, two weeks ago.
    Did they do anything about the landing gear?

It'd be nice if they offered the model without retracts, or AT LEAST put in some genuine Robarts instead of those d*mn cheapy Chinese Robart copies...
    Zeeb

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No link but here This is all I have and know nothing about it...you can only guess that the gear will remain the same since they dont think there is anything wrong with them, or so I have been told

Jimmy
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    P-40 Brotherhood #49
    Jimmy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You can see the D model in the background That's my favorite.

Jimmy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ge96414.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	229.0 KB 
ID:	1671065   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kf13609.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	1671066  
    P-40 Brotherhood #49
    Jimmy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Neet, is it the same size as the D ?
    It looks like it has a 4 blade prop, does it come with it?

Cheers

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Cheers
    Unless they've changed the options, it's a four blade display prop that comes with another spinner cut for the four blades and it's available for an extra cost. I got one for mine and was kind of wondering about the price tag, but the prop is really nicely done and the spinner is exactly the same as the other one except for the cutouts, so I guess the price isn't all that unreasonable.
    Zeeb

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have one and there isn't anything wrong with the gear.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: skippyc5

I have one and there isn't anything wrong with the gear.
    LOL
    P-40 Brotherhood #49
    Jimmy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Zeeb

It'd be nice if they offered the model without retracts, or AT LEAST put in some genuine Robarts instead of those d*mn cheapy Chinese Robart copies...
    Zeeb, you can buy the airframe only, covered, and ready to install gear, radio, etc.

Jimmy
    P-40 Brotherhood #49
    Jimmy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

DOUBLE LOL!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Cheers
    Hey Zorba, I heard that it even has a sliding canopy!!!!! I love it It will be sweet
    P-40 Brotherhood #49
    Jimmy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rcpilot6969

DOUBLE LOL!
    Dont you know it!!! I had to replace air lines, control valves, air cylinders on both mains, and the left strut looks funny...like it had a bad place on it that had to be welded and ground off. I am keeping my eyes on it[>:]

I still love the plane

Jimmy
    P-40 Brotherhood #49
    Jimmy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Zeeb

Zeeb, you can buy the airframe only, covered, and ready to install gear, radio, etc.

Jimmy
    From what I've read the airframe only is for the "D" model. Is the "B" model have three options also?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Cheers
    Hey Zorba, I heard that it even has a sliding canopy!!!!! I love it It will be sweet
    I agree with you, but if I already have the "D" why spend another K or 2 for the "B".
    Unless AW plans on coming out with a whole fleet of warbirds then is a different story. I should start saving now.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Don't hold me to this...I only heard it through the grape vine, there is a push to develop a FW190 If AW does it it will probably be all wood and sweeeeeeeeet!!!!! Remember, this could be just a rumor, but Im keeping my ears to the ground for this one...I'll buy two of those!!!!!

Jimmy
    P-40 Brotherhood #49
    Jimmy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just wondering what radio setups are being used in the mustang guys? At this stage I think I'll go with a smartfly EQ10 with dual A123 batteries and a smartly pin switch. Any other suggestions? I only have a spektrum 9303 2.4. I like the Spektrum powerbox setup except for the hugs switch.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: dale691

Just wondering what radio setups are being used in the mustang guys? At this stage I think I'll go with a smartfly EQ10 with dual A123 batteries and a smartly pin switch. Any other suggestions? I only have a spektrum 9303 2.4. I like the Spektrum powerbox setup except for the hugs switch.
    Well unless you're going to go with a manual choke, you'll need 10 channels....

In that case the PE makes sense but if you're not going to put in the choke servo you could run a 9 channel PowerSafe rx with the A123's and skip all the rest of the nonsense....

Mine's getting a 12 channel JR PowerSafe rx with dual 1100 A123's due to the pack size and it'll have another 1100 A123 on the ignition. You can use the pin switch on the PowerSafe rx's as that switch is just a jumper between the ground and signal pins in the switch port just like the Smart-Fly uses and like the Smart-Fly, it's "Fail On". I'm not going to use the pin switch since I'd probably lose the d*mn thing and my ignition will be using an HD switch to enable charging the ignition unit battery since it'll be buried up in the nose. I also run fiber optic kill switches on my gassers and there will be a little red LED mounted close to the ignition switch just like my other gassers. That switch also requires a radio channel so I've got 11 of the 12 channels in my system committed.

Lots of ideas out there on how to set 'em up, hope that helps with at least one and maybe why I do things the way I do.... lol
    Zeeb

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Great thanks for that. Where do you get the smaller capacity A123 packs from? In other aircraft im running the fromeco packs which are 2300 packs. I will be running a kill switch also so I'm up to 11 channels on a 9 channel RX. Bit of a problem. I am running power safe RX in other aircraft but fortunately they don't have the gear and I'm using manual choke which I think is not really an option on the P-51.

I already have a 9 channel DSM2 RX. It that getting to be old technology now, should I be upgrading to DSMX? Not real sure what the difference is!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well I'm replacing the included air control valves with variable Robarts and the included retract servos with digitals since the JR 2048 resolution capable rx's and some analog servos don't get along. I've also just about decided to go with dual air tanks instead of one bigger one so relocation the rx and re-engineering the retract sequencer, valves and servos are all contributing to a space problem. I put together some 2300 packs and in messing around trying to locate them, it became obvious it would be tight and virtually no chance of moving the packs for balance purposes so I decided on the 1100's since that's plenty of power and most likely way more mah's than I'll need in a days flying. There are several vendors who'll get you 1100's and most will make 'em up anyway you like, but I used WrongWayRC since he'll build 'em for about what it would cost me to make 'em here and 1100 size A123 cells are getting harder to come by....

I had mine made up with the 16g. output wires with the EC3 connectors for the PowerSafe rx and I use JR servo type leads for the balance charging and that's the way they were made. I'm not sure if he ships out of the country but you could check with him?

http://www.wrongwayrc.com/

My JR 12X has been updated to the DSMX protocol but the majority of my rx's are still DSM2. I have a brand new R1222 and a new R1222X, the Mustang will be getting the DSM2 unit. Barring participation in events with say 100 competitors or more, there's no real reason to switch to DSMX unless you want to do so but be aware that the Flight Log will give you some real funky numbers on the fade count and the Power Brownout indication does not work on the DSMX rx's. Don't know if that's important to you, but I had one model that I'd never have known there was a power system issue if it hadn't been for the flashing lights on landing 'cause it had a power system that was way more than it needed, I thought.... so I kind of got in the habit of checking for flashing rx lights on the intial flights of new models or setups.

A PE that has the servo matching capability built in (not all do) would allow you to split the aileron, flaps and elevator servos through the board and give you all the channels you need. Some folks prefer Matchboxes and you could do it that way with three of those but I don't care for the single servo lead to provide all the power and running a separate power wire to the Matchboxes is a bit of a project. When you add up what three Matchboxes would cost you, the PE isn't that much more and it's a LOT cleaner.
    Zeeb

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

"Well I'm replacing the included air control valves with variable Robarts and the included retract servos with digitals since the JR 2048 resolution capable rx's and some analog servos don't get along."

Since the analog gear servos are driven by the gear sequencer they shouldn't be affected by the JR receiver not driving the servo signal wire prior to link up. That said, I replaced both the valves and the servos with a pair of Jet-tronics dual action air valves as my air valves leaked badly and I didn't think much of the provided servos either.

Wayne

Wayne

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wow Zeeb, good move, I tore the left inner door off in an emergency landing, engine failure in a bad position...looooooooooooooow[X(] I dropped the gear but went sailing past the end of the runway and the doors didnt make it up for the slide. Lesson for all concerned, this thing will glide forever, which is good Anyway, the sequencer is gone as well as the inner gear doors. otherwise no harm done

Jimmy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wu59627.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	229.0 KB 
ID:	1676426   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yu63829.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	170.7 KB 
ID:	1676427  
    P-40 Brotherhood #49
    Jimmy

Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast