Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Aeroworks Vendor Forum
Reload this Page >

AW 1.20 Yak 54 QB Question...

Community
Search
Notices
Aeroworks Vendor Forum This is the place to go for all your questions concerning anything Aeroworks. Rocco, Mark, and the rest of the Aeroworks staff will be manning this forum so that they can answer all your questions.

AW 1.20 Yak 54 QB Question...

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 04:10 PM
Smacka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AW 1.20 Yak 54 QB Question...

To All:
I hate to sound completely ignorant BUT I have a minor issue with my build as follows:

All flight surfaces have two sets of holes drilled for each control horn. I have no idea what set of holes to use to mount the control horns.

To my way of thinking, it makes perfect sense to have two sets of holes for the airlerons because that lets the builder decide what length servo arm he chooses to use, then keeps the correct geometry. However, it makes no sense to me that the rudder and elevators have two sets of holes because the distance between the fuselage and the control horn is NOT influenced by the length of the servo arm (for the elevators), and the rudder is pull-pull, so the drilled holes should align the control horn woth the exit cabling.

One note, the manual for this aircraft shows only one set of holes for each control horn in all of the photographs, and never mentions having two sets of holes, or options for using which set for what application.

What am I missing or what am I doing wrong or not thinking clearly about?

Thank you!
Old 11-02-2008, 08:40 PM
Ferocious Frankie
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: AW 1.20 Yak 54 QB Question...

I don't know what you mean by "two sets of holes". You should have four holes already drilled for you in the correct place and in the only place, which is line with the recommended servo arm for each control surface. You should four holes drilled in each horizontal stab, 8 holes drilled in the rudder for both sides (left and right), and four holes drilled on each aileron on each wing panel.

Hope this helps!
Old 11-02-2008, 08:56 PM
Grelker
My Feedback: (58)

You should use the holes that permit the clevis hole to line up with the hinge line of the surface when the surface is neutral
Old 11-02-2008, 08:59 PM
Ferocious Frankie

I saw you post on the FG with the pics and now I'm wondering if AW has changed their control horn mounting method for this plane because I never had "two sets of holes" drilled on my Yak's control surfaces.

I'm sure a call to AW will help you out.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:01 PM
geefish1

Hi Guys!
I'm considering this plane for an electric conversion. Has anyone out there done it yet? if so would like to hear about your setup and results.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:01 PM
Ferocious Frankie

ORIGINAL: geefish1

Hi Guys!
I'm considering this plane for an electric conversion. Has anyone out there done it yet? if so would like to hear about your setup and results.
Hi gee,

Check out the .90-1.20 thread. There have been a few conversions and they are in all the that thread.

Hope this helps!