Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

AeroWorks Yak .60-.90

I was wondering if anyone had flown one of these with an OS.91. What kind of power would it have, and does it fit in the cowl decently?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: AeroWorks Yak .60-.90

Grasstrimmer

I don't know about how much power an O.S. 91 would have, because mine has an O.S. 120 AX.
    Are you talking about a .91 Four stroke or the two stroke FX ? The 120 AX is a perfect match up here in
    Alberta where I'm at about 2000 ft. The O.S. 91 FX is about the same size as the 120 AX so it would fit
    perfectlyin the cowl. The 91 FX would probably be a little under powered though especially if you want to fly 3-D.

George

There is no such thing as a \"sucking chest wound\", all chest wounds \"Suck\".

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Grasstrimmer

Sorry !, I miss-read, I thought you were talking about the .90 - 1.20 size YAK.
    My Bad... But the 91 should fly it just fine... The cowl however I'm not sure.

George
    There is no such thing as a \"sucking chest wound\", all chest wounds \"Suck\".

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If it is a 91 fx 2 stroke it fits inside the cowl and the stock pipe fits the pipe tunnel they have. it flys the plane well but it is not unlimited but it is a very fun plane

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The .91FX really is the perfect 2 stroke motor for the 60-90 planes, it will require cutting the cowl for the head to clear but that is expected with most engines on this model.Let me know if you have any questions when it comes to mounting.I'm sure you will be very happy with it.
    Team Aeroworks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I know it has been awhile since this thread was used, but I have a related question. I recently purchased a Magnum .91 four stroke engine (because they are on sale for $139) and I'm considering the Aero-Works .60 - .90 Yak 54 ARF-QB Quick Build as a home for this engine. Does anyone have any comments on this engine in the Aero-Works .60-.90 Yak-54 ARF-QB?

Also, I've looked at the manual for this plane and noted that the manual calls for servos to have the following specs: servos: min 80 in./oz. Torque @ 4.8 volts
    I'm just wondering if they really need to be that strong...it doesn't seem like this model is all that big...also, high torque servos are really expensive.

I found these: Airtronics 94162Z High Torque Ball Bearing Servo (Torque @ 4.8V: 123 oz-in), but they are $30 each, and seem to be a little over-rated. Having trouble finding servos that are in the 80-90 oz-in range.

The radio for this plane will be the Airtronics RDS-8000 with the 92674 7-ch FHSS-1 Aircraft receiver, so I would need servos that are compatible with this equipment. I noticed that Hitec has some 72 oz-in servos but they have an "S" connector and I don't know if that is compatible with my Airtronics equipment.

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to plan things out as much as possible. Thanks for any help.

-Mike

Gold Wing Su-26m/DLE-30, Twist 60/Saito 1.15, Airtronics 2.4 Ghz SD-10G.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello Mike,

Thank you for your interest in our 60-90 Yak 54.

The Magnum .91 4stk would be a good choice for the plane. We did the flight testing with an OS .61 2 stk and the performance was very good.

As for the servo torque requirements we recommend the 80 in. oz. servos because of the larger surfaces. The plane will fly with a lower rating servo but we recommend the 80 in. oz. to be on the safe side.

Please feel free to give us a call and we would be happy to answer all your questions

Thank You
    Rocco / Aeroworks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Rocco, I have a question on the .60-.90 size yak I just built. I went with an electric set-up and am trying to get the C.G. set at the recomended 2 1/4. The manual states with fuel tank empty. Does that mean no flight power battery installed for an electric set-up.
    It is a big change in cg, Thanks, great plane, waiting for the wind to die down for the maiden..............frozen in south florida.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello,

You will balance the plane with the Battery in place ready to fly. We balance the glow planes with tank empty because the plane will need to fly at the correct CG when the plane is out of fuel.

Let us know if you have any other questions

Thank You
    Rocco / Aeroworks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have the .60-.90 Extra 260 with a O.S. .75ax and it does really well and its not under powered. Those lil engines really put out alot. Im very pleased with the performance. Pulls the plane around with authority.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Will a Zenoah G20ei fit in this plane? I would really like to have a 60size gas plane
    <Nitro> <Pistons> <Castor>
    Revver Bro 178

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Moki 1.8

I have the .60-.90 Extra 260 with a O.S. .75ax and it does really well and its not under powered. Those lil engines really put out alot. Im very pleased with the performance. Pulls the plane around with authority.
    Do you think its enough power for 3D?
    If you think you can or think you can\'\'\'\'t, you\'\'\'\'re right.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Mark Dennis

The .91FX really is the perfect 2 stroke motor for the 60-90 planes, it will require cutting the cowl for the head to clear but that is expected with most engines on this model.Let me know if you have any questions when it comes to mounting.I'm sure you will be very happy with it.
    Hey Mark, what about using this? http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXXMU4&P=SM
    If you think you can or think you can\'\'\'\'t, you\'\'\'\'re right.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just maidened my AW Yak 54 with the OS 95AX...it's a keeper! Engine, though still brand new and not broken in, seems to pull much harder than either of the 91FX's I own.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have just installed a Saito 125 with a Slimline side mounted muffler in my 60-90 Yak54. I decided to cut 3/4" from the firewall because the engine stuck out too far in my mind. I just made up a new 1/4" ply firewall and glued it in. I have the 85cc version of the Aeroworks Yak54 and want the same look. I use a 17 X 4 APC prop with the 125.

Can't wait for spring!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ki20263.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	571.9 KB 
ID:	1552230  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am setting up a AeroWorks Yak 54 .60-.90 as electric. Considering the Rimfire .80 50-55-500 with a 15x8 prop. Castle Creations Ice2 HV80 ESC and Castle Creations BEC.
    Flight power 5C 5000mAh battery.

I found it kinda hard to come up with the right combination. Some if the test reports are kinda old and I think there is better equipment on the market then ware in the tests.

Thanks, larry

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Rocco............i'm thinking of buying the YAK 60-90 and will install the SAITO 20CC GAS, will this engine fit inside the cowl ? it looks like it wll. I also wanted to know if i can install two instead of one elevator servos, i don't think this would be a problem, would it ? I am also wondering that the wheel pants on these YAKS are not scale, they're too big. Where can i get wheel pants that is to scale for this YAK ? Sorry for all these questions, but i need to know before i make the expense.
    Thanks
    Charles.
    WACO Brotherhood # 87
    Carl Goldberg Ultimate 10-300 Brotherhood # 61
    SAITO MEMBER # 406

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: cloudniner

I have just installed a Saito 125 with a Slimline side mounted muffler in my 60-90 Yak54. I decided to cut 3/4'' from the firewall because the engine stuck out too far in my mind. I just made up a new 1/4'' ply firewall and glued it in. I have the 85cc version of the Aeroworks Yak54 and want the same look. I use a 17 X 4 APC prop with the 125.

Can't wait for spring!
    Cloudniner..................can you post more pictures if you have any without the cowl. I might purchase this size YAK and install the SAITO 20CC . This Saito 20cc gas is the same physical size of the Saito 125. By the way i also have the saito 125 in a TOPFLITE Hawker Sea Fury, beautiful running engine, although i had a big problem during running in, but it's all sorted out now.
    Will appreciate more pictures of your build in regard to engine installation. Thanks...Charles.
    WACO Brotherhood # 87
    SAITO MEMBER # 406

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yak 54 60-90

Quote Originally Posted by cloudniner View Post
    I have just installed a Saito 125 with a Slimline side mounted muffler in my 60-90 Yak54. I decided to cut 3/4" from the firewall because the engine stuck out too far in my mind. I just made up a new 1/4" ply firewall and glued it in. I have the 85cc version of the Aeroworks Yak54 and want the same look. I use a 17 X 4 APC prop with the 125.

Can't wait for spring!
    CLOUDNINER..............I was wondering if you took pictures of your SAITO 125 installation. Would appreciation if you post some please.
    Thanks
    WACO Brotherhood # 87
    SAITO MEMBER # 406