Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Aeroworks Vendor Forum
Reload this Page >

My next 50cc plane?

Community
Search
Notices
Aeroworks Vendor Forum This is the place to go for all your questions concerning anything Aeroworks. Rocco, Mark, and the rest of the Aeroworks staff will be manning this forum so that they can answer all your questions.

My next 50cc plane?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 11:00 AM
5150flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My next 50cc plane?

I am very pleased with my AW 50cc Yak. Well made, flies nicely and makes landing easy. I have never had any landing gear or any other design issues. I like to fly IMAC style maneuvers and a little 3D. I reaaly appreaciate how well it flies without a lot of speed.

Since I am a bit tired of Extra's, I was seriously considering putting a pre-order in on your new Edge. My concern is that the Edge wing is really designed for 3D and that it will not track like an Extra. I also read that Wild Hare makes a great Edge and am curious how yours is different.

Thanks for your input, I want to make a good decision like I did on my AW YAK.

Old 08-04-2009, 05:27 PM
JOHNS3D
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: My next 50cc plane?

hi there 5150, its will be a little difficult that someone reply with a comment about WH airplanes here on the AW forum, , i think maybe in the giant scale section you will get more feedback.

I have the .60 Edge from AW of course is not that big like the 50cc, but it tracks great in my opinion, it depends of what do you want....also the Edge from AW will be one of the best out there....color scheme is amazing, for my taste, there is no other Edge like that one. The size is one of the biggest also in the 50cc area with 2 others, and of couse AW airplanes are top of the line....you have already knew with your YAK, so good look with your decision.

Regards,.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:00 PM
5150flyer

Thanks f5air for your input. Yes I do like my AW Yak. Kind of surprised than no one from AW has commented. Maybe they have never flown the new Edge.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:07 AM
JOHNS3D
My Feedback: (5)

check the video of the Edge 100cc, it really rocks!!!!, the 50cc will be almost the same.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:32 PM
Aero-Works

Hello,

We have just posted a video of the 50cc Edge 540 on the web site http://www.aero-works.net/store/detail.aspx?ID=378 I think you will see it is an AWSOME flying plane.

You are correct that Edge’s are usually more suited to 3D style flying. Aeroworks came out with the first Edge 540 many years ago and it was always one our best sellers, but I personally thought it was a great 3d plane but was not the best IMAC or precision style plane. So when I designed this new Edge 540 I wanted to make it the best Edge ever. I believe I have accomplished this and it is by far the best flying Edge I have ever flown or seen fly. It performs very well in both 3D and IMAC style maneuvers. This plane has been in development for several months and when the plane performed to my expectations it finally went to production. I personally am flying the 100cc Edge and it has become my favorite plane to fly.

I am certain if you decide to get the 50cc Edge you will be very pleased with your choice

Feel free to give us a call if you have any specific questions you would like answered

Thank You
Rocco / Aeroworks
Old 08-18-2009, 08:09 PM
gregman50

Don't think you would be dissappointed! Hey Rocco when it the 100cc Ultimate coming? I don't want to hijack the Edge thread just a simple question. I have two AW planes right now and would not hardly consider buying anything else, I have the 75cc Yak and the 100cc Extra 260 and all I can say it awesome planes!!
Old 08-18-2009, 10:29 PM
Aero-Works

Gregman50,

Thanks for the interest in the 100cc Ultimate and for your continued support.

The prototype 100cc Ultimate is currently being built at our factory in China and I am expecting it in our warehouse for testing in approximately 6 to 8 weeks. We have several new models we are working on at this time and have to finish them first before we can start on the Ultimate. I would estimate early next year for a delivery date on the plane.

Thank You
Rocco / Aeroworks
Old 08-19-2009, 07:10 PM
gregman50

ORIGINAL: Aero-Works

Gregman50,

Thanks for the interest in the 100cc Ultimate and for your continued support.

The prototype 100cc Ultimate is currently being built at our factory in China and I am expecting it in our warehouse for testing in approximately 6 to 8 weeks. We have several new models we are working on at this time and have to finish them first before we can start on the Ultimate. I would estimate early next year for a delivery date on the plane.

Thank You
Rocco / Aeroworks
Thanks Rocco, that time frame will work great for me. I work for Hendrick Motorsports and the color scheme would work well with the Dupont graphics on the plane, my wife is a big Jeff Gordon fan, I think since she supports the hobby just as much as I do it's the least I could do! Thanks, really looking foward to it.