Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Aeroworks Vendor Forum
Reload this Page >

Differnce between Extra 300 and extra 260?

Community
Search
Notices
Aeroworks Vendor Forum This is the place to go for all your questions concerning anything Aeroworks. Rocco, Mark, and the rest of the Aeroworks staff will be manning this forum so that they can answer all your questions.

Differnce between Extra 300 and extra 260?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 05:29 PM
SacMan31
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Differnce between Extra 300 and extra 260?

What are the differences between the extra 300 and extra 260 50cc planes? Im looking to get into IMAC and 3D flying and Im just wondering what the physical, structural, and aerodynamic differences? What are the flying advantages between the two planes? Im having trouble wording this question to where i get the answer im looking for...... i guess what im really asking is why is one an extra 300 and one is an extra 260? Also what is the difference between the letters following the numbers (ex: L, LP, ect......)
Old 10-22-2009, 02:33 PM
Jake Ruddy
My Feedback: (40)

Default RE: Differnce between Extra 300 and extra 260?

I can't give you a break down on the different variations of the letters. Google is your best bet there but it is often how many seats and engine etc.

Both are mid wing designs which will excel at IMAC so you can't go wrong either way. The canopy is different and thats really about it. I have flown both 50cc Extras from Aeroworks and can tell you to pretty much pick which one you like better and have fun. The think the 300 may have an edge but by a narrow margin.

The most important thing is to do some reading and spend the time to set it up properly.. neither will let you down.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:35 PM
JOHNS3D
My Feedback: (5)

SacMan, check my thread...on the last post you will see a lot of info and comments from people about the difference on the airframes that you are asking.

Hope this helps.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_89...tm.htm#8903192
Old 10-23-2009, 10:56 PM
Rockyaged

The difference between the 260 and 300 are engine horse power.. the 260 has a shorter cockpit area, and thus a shorter
canopy. The 260 is a shoulder wing location where the 300's wing is positioned lower. You'll eventually will hear about a 330,
which is a 300 with 30 more horsepowers. They were built by Walter Extra, a German designer in Germany, and introduced
into aerobatic competitions by Patti Wagstaff, who won many National and International competitions.

Gerald