Community
Search
Notices
Aeroworks Vendor Forum This is the place to go for all your questions concerning anything Aeroworks. Rocco, Mark, and the rest of the Aeroworks staff will be manning this forum so that they can answer all your questions.

Troy Built

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 08:35 AM
matadco
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Troy Built

Anyone had trouble with TroyBuilt? A friend just ordered a new 150 size from them. When it arrived the fuse box was crushed so he refused the shipment. When he contacted TroyBuilt they informed them it was not crushed when it left their warehouse so it was not their responsibility. They further responded if they were paid by the shipping company, then they would send him a new plane. In the mean time he is out just under $1000. Just wondering if anyone else has met with this type of response. As for me, if the vendor I am dealing with will not guarantee arival free of defects, I'll not do business with them. There are just to many vendors who do guarantee arival of their merchandise free of damage or defects.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:59 AM
phantomdriver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Troy Built

HE SHOULD TALK TO UPPER MANGEMENT THAT IS BOGUS. I RECIEVED TWO PLANES IN THE LAST
3 YRS WITH FRIEGHT DAMAGE 1 FROM AEROWORKS IN WHICH I RECIEVED A NEW REPLACEMENT
BEFORE THE FRIEGHT COMPANY PICKED UP THE DAMAGE GOODS & PEAK MODELS AND THEY
DID LIKEWISE. DID YOUR FRIEND TELL YOU EVERYTHING? HAVE HIM CALL VISA OR MASTERCARD
AND DISPUTE THE CHARGES. THERE IS ALOT HE CAN DO JUST A PAIN.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:58 PM
denifermana
My Feedback: (6)

I had to return a dle-55 to them and other than it taking a little time to get it swapped out, I was really happy with their customer service. I agree with phantomdriver, he probably needs to talk to someone else at tbm.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:13 PM
matadco
My Feedback: (1)

PhantomdriverAeroworks is excellent in regard grananteeing merchandise. Local hobby deals with them and occasionally receive freight damage. They simply call Aeroworks and a new one is in the shipment before the damaged one can be picked up for return. I am not familar with Peak models but sounds like they are like all other vendors that I have personally delt with. However, take a look a Troybuilt's web site and read their company policy statements. I was surprised when he told me about Troybuilt's response until I read their company policy. AS for me there is just to many good dealers to deal with that the ones like Troybuilt I can avoid. All I can say, read their company policy and then if you choose to order, do so at your own risk.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:01 PM
Jake Ruddy
My Feedback: (40)

There has been a lot of talk about their policies in recent years.

A faulty CF wing tube cost me an $800 airframe on the 3rd flight. Troybuiltmodel's response? I might be able to get you a replacement tube. They didn't offer me anything else and had no intension of doing so.

I stopped buying from them after that and have since paid a little more just to buy elsewhere. I'm ok with that, they wont get my business again.