RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Aeroworks Vendor Forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/aeroworks-vendor-forum-528/)
-   -   Cessna 195 DLE 30 Rear Carb Mounting (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/aeroworks-vendor-forum-528/10110874-cessna-195-dle-30-rear-carb-mounting.html)

Mark Dennis 11-02-2010 10:28 AM

Cessna 195 DLE 30 Rear Carb Mounting

1 Attachment(s)
We have created a step by step installation guide for the DLE 30 Rear carb to be mounted in our Cessna 195. The airplane was originally designed around the side carb DLE 30 but it is very simple to mount the newer rear carb version using this guide.

Please let us know if you have any questions.
Mark Dennis
Tech Support
Aeroworks, Inc.
4903 Nome Street
Denver, CO 80239
303-371-4222 ext. 105

smperry 11-02-2010 04:38 PM

RE: Cessna 195 DLE 30 Rear Carb Mounting

How timely, I just started work on mine today. and was wondering how I was going to accommodate the rear carb.

sp

smperry 12-08-2010 08:14 PM

I'm at the waiting for decent weather stage with my Cessna. The mounting instructions for the rear carb DLE-30 were clear, straight forward and I had no problems. In other words, virtually idiot proof.

Just out of curiosity, are there any plans to make available some decals for the N numbers and such?

Only hitch in the whole assembly process was when I forgot to drill the hole for the throttle linkage, tried to drill it with the engine in place and broke the plastic fuel fitting. That required a new carb. I'll have the broken fitting replaced with a brass fitting and keep that carb for a spare. Drilling out the broken fitting is not part of my skill set, so I'll have to impose on a buddy who knows what he is doing.

A very enjoyable build, thanks Aeroworks

sp

labebe 08-20-2011 02:07 PM

Mark, I just finished my Cessna 195. install a 180 saito glow as the manual says I have a problem when filling the fuel tank and the engine carburetor choke whole or completely filled with fuel, it appears that the tank is above the carburetor, is this correct?? How can I solve this problem I couldn't fly my cessna.
Thanks,
Alex

jimt50 09-09-2012 01:56 PM

Alex,
I had the same problem with mine. The problem is that the fuel tank is to high above the carburetor so the fuel is just folowing gravity. I have tried to use a Kline fuel regulator which solved the problem but the engine was very hard to adjust and would not run right. I was getting a lot of dead stick landings. So the other way to fix it would be to lower the fuel tank floor so that the carb would be higher than the tank. Plus the Saito runs through fuel like it's water. Be aware of the flight time. These are the things they don't tell you about in there reports.
I am taking the Saito out and putting in a DLE30. Jim