RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Aeroworks Vendor Forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/aeroworks-vendor-forum-528/)
-   -   Areoworks edge540 or the extra300? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/aeroworks-vendor-forum-528/11632607-areoworks-edge540-extra300.html)

Avenger9800 09-14-2016 01:43 PM

Areoworks edge540 or the extra300?

Let me start off by saying that I'm a brand new member to this site. I started flying Rc aircraft about 7-8 years ago, but I've taken the last 4 or so years off. I have a Extra 300 and a Cap and both are glow plug engines. I kind of feel that the glow engines are kind of more of a pian than there worth (the reason for the 4 year layoff) because of having to buy the nitro fuel and the constant hassles of a glow engine. So now I'm ready to buy a gas powered plane, and I'm interested in the Aeroworks 50cc Edge540 or the Aeroworks extra300. So when I came across this site and seen that they have a forum just for the Aeroworks airplanes, I thought there just can't be a better place to get my questions answered than right here from the very helpful people that actually fly these planes.
So I'm kind of looking for people that have flown these two planes,and can give me some a feel on witch plane that they would buy if it were them buying the plane. Such as ease of landing, there 3D and such. Another question that I have is exactly what ya all think would be the perfect engine for the plane. Would it be best to stick with a DA 50cc or possibly move up to something like the DA 60cc? Being that I'm kind of a "motor head" I usually think that there just isn't and substitute for HP.
Now my final question, I realize I'm going to have to spend a few thousand dollars to get this plane built, and that's ok. But I'm going to have to buy a better radio with more channels on it for this plane. I was thinking that my older radio was a JR, and I've never had any problems with it. So I was at the JR site today and I'm thinking that if I buy the JR XG14 radio, that radio could last me for the rest of my life being that I'm over 50 years old, and the radio can store up to something like 30 aircraft. So I guess the question is, how do you guys feel about JR, or do you feel that there is a better radio out there, and some reasons for feeling that way. I just want this to be the last radio that I have to buy, so I'm kind of looking for a good one.
All yea, I guess I have one other question, after I get my 50cc built and flying, at some point I'd love to get a 100cc. I was just wondering how much more money than the 50cc would it cost to finish up a 100cc? I realize that the engine is going to cost a lot more, and I'm going to have to buy extra servos for the 100, but I won't have to buy another radio so that would save me a bunch of cash. What are ya all thinking it would cost to build the 100? Am I looking at 3-4 or 4-5 thousand?
Wow, I didn't realize that this thread was going to be so long, so I'm just going to apologize for that right now, but I will appreciate any and all answers to my questions. But don't think that these will be the only questions that I have, because after I order my brand new gasser I'm sure I'll have about a thousand more! THANKS YA ALL!

phakur 09-15-2016 08:26 AM

Stay away from Aeroworks---their customer service regarding manufacturing defects sucks