Notices
AirfoilZ Support Forum Get support for all your AirfoilZ products right here!

Welcome AirfoilZ

Old 05-09-2007, 08:18 PM
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Welcome AirfoilZ

I'd like to welcome the guys from AirfoilZ to their own support forum on RCU. If you have any questions regarding the products they offer, this is the place to bring them. Enjoy.
Old 05-12-2007, 08:24 PM
AFSalmon
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Welcome AirfoilZ

Yes I have question: Why does RCU allow certain companies to buy key words that are essentially trademark names belonging to other companies? For example" Does AirfoilZ own the "Stiffy" aircraft? I did ask this question before but never got any response from staff members? I'm not trying to be smart, just want to understand the RCU ethical values for advertisers. Please advice me.

Mike
Old 05-12-2007, 08:57 PM
Johnny Mojo

Good question.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:41 PM
PaulSwany
My Feedback: (45)

I seem to remember being affected by this policy directly.....
Old 05-13-2007, 07:06 AM
Furyflyer2
My Feedback: (117)

[quote]ORIGINAL: AFSalmon

Yes I have question: Why does RCU allow certain companies to buy key words that are essentially trademark names belonging to other companies? For example" Does AirfoilZ own the "Stiffy" aircraft? I did ask this question before but never got any response from staff members? I'm not trying to be smart, just want to understand the RCU ethical values for advertisers. Please advice me.

Mike
[/quote"]

"Stiffy" is a WORD that is what I bought NOT "stiffy aircraft", or "extra stiffy" no one own the word stiffy, does that mean that no one can use the keyword airfoil?. "Airfoilz" is a trade marked name, and I own it! Big differance.

airfoilz trade mark http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield...ate=rvj6ra.2.1

stiffy- http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield...h=Submit+Query
Old 05-13-2007, 09:27 AM
TailTwister
My Feedback: (1)

Interesting Mike. Further, not only a word like "stiffy", but RCU allowed someone to buy the actual name of a company as a keyword for a competitor.

By the rules, a competitor is not allowed to post in a thread regarding competing products, but I can buy their company name as my keyword leading to my site???

Amazing rules here...
Old 05-13-2007, 09:41 AM
TailTwister

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sp45335.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	5.9 KB
ID:	683456  
Old 05-13-2007, 10:09 AM
TailTwister

And is Paul of 3DXHobbies.com the same Paul from Airfoilz.com? Or are there two Pauls?
Old 05-13-2007, 10:51 AM
CopperheadAV

Word to the wise Paul, that site was designed to provide a cursory name search and is not updated regularly. I know as I have been to the office in Crystal City many times. Novice legal work can be a dangerous thing. I’m not a novice.

You don’t seem to get the point. On a base level, I think what everyone is trying to tell you is this speaks to how we treat each other as a community. We as manufactures do not operate within a vacuum, there are many interconnecting relationships that you will discover with time.

The key word refers to a product that was designed and named by us, not you. By having the key work you’re trying to profit off our intellectual property. This at the very least is tasteless and demonstrates a total disregard for the rest of us in the industry. There are many other, more productive ways to sell your product and I think many manufactures are offended by your practice.

In my view, over time, this practice will have a catastrophic effect on ad dollars for RCU and how others view your business decisions and others purchasing decisions.

Cheers!
Old 05-13-2007, 11:56 AM
Furyflyer2
My Feedback: (117)

The keyword has been deleted, only because I do not what CH mentioned in the same sentence as Airfoilz. I'm far to busy to be bothered with your guys trying to trash the name of Airfoilz. So now I think you guys don't have anything else left to bother us with so please go back in your corner, at let us keep producing our 100% Made in America planes. Peace out!
Old 05-13-2007, 12:01 PM
CopperheadAV

Thank you Paul, now there is a great selling point for your product "Made in the USA" !!