Notices
Airplanes - Full Scale Discuss full scale airplanes here

Mooney closig Doors

Old 01-23-2011, 06:58 PM
buchtes
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mooney closig Doors

Yes, it has come through, Mooney Airplane Co. is closing it's Doors. It's been said that the Company will " outsource" manufacturing of Aircraft Parts and Components to the Chinese. I wonder how many red blooded American Pilots will buy Mooney's with Parts made in China? Hopefully no one will buy that substandard Stuff. This action is the end result of modern Management or the lack thereof, incl. 5-S and Lean Manufacturing.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:50 AM
deadstick8409
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Mooney closig Doors

That sucks.
I thought they were much better than the flying tupperware that seems to be so popular today.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:00 PM
buchtes

Modern Management at it's Best, that Business could have been saved.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:41 AM
saraceejay
Banned

Now days the online virtual airline news websites play a vital role in educating and informing people about all the latest happenings around the world regarding virtual airlines.
craigslist delaware
Old 02-20-2011, 02:54 PM
eddieC
My Feedback: (2)

They've 'closed' twice in the past that I recall, they and Maule have always seemed to pull through even in the darkest of times. My industry pals say they'll cut way back, but there are so many aircraft in the field that need support it's unimaginable they'll be left in the cold. They're an American institution, I hope they bounce back.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:04 PM
buchtes

I've been with this Corp for 15 Years and endured one layoff in 2001 for about one year, but this time it's different, Nothing left working at Mooney but a skeleton crew, most of them Management who suck the last $ from Investors since they have NO Clue on how to fabricate Parts, besides mostly all Machine & Fab Tools are being sold, Heat Treat Facilities disassembled etc. Mooney is only a Memory, thanks to greedy Investors and some Managers who think they know on how to run a Business, yes they can run it, all the way into the Ground. 400 great Craftsman and I can tell the real Story.....................................
Old 02-20-2011, 06:42 PM
Mooney_driver

ORIGINAL: buchtes

I've been with this Corp for 15 Years and endured one layoff in 2001 for about one year, but this time it's different, Nothing left working at Mooney but a skeleton crew, most of them Management who suck the last $ from Investors since they have NO Clue on how to fabricate Parts, besides mostly all Machine & Fab Tools are being sold, Heat Treat Facilities disassembled etc. Mooney is only a Memory, thanks to greedy Investors and some Managers who think they know on how to run a Business, yes they can run it, all the way into the Ground. 400 great Craftsman and I can tell the real Story.....................................
This is one closure that I really hate to see. As reported in other places in this thread, Mooney has closed before and bounced back but with the economic pressure like it is, I suspect they will not come back this time.

Too bad, too as they were my favorite aircraft. I was hoping to be able to buy another one having owned N74531 many years ago.

Ihope the best for Mooney but fear the worst.