Airplanes - Full Scale Discuss full scale airplanes here

Baby Ace Plans

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 03:04 PM
D.J.
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Baby Ace Plans

I was attending a charity book sale and ran across these books. They are Mechanix Illustrated from 1955. I was rooting through a box of old Mechanics magazines and ran across the first book. I looked at the article and found out that the plans were spread over three issues. I thought in my mind that wouldn't it be great if all three magazines were there . I started looking further and found the second magazine. My heart was beating faster as I looked for the third magazine. When I found the last book I was trying not to look ecstatic as I headed for the cashier. The magazines were listed as $3.00 each. All the time I was standing in line I was wishing that nothing would go wrong. The cashier looked at the magazines and said that the price was high for old magazines. In my mind I was thinking "shut up and take my money". She finally shrugged her shoulders and took my money. I just about giggled like a school girl and went on my way. The issues are May, June and July 1955. I can just Imagine all of the talented farmers anxiously waiting for the next months issue to arrive as the building in the machine shed was goin on and the farmers wives looking in to buying extra insurance coverage. ... D.J.

Old 12-21-2013, 05:09 PM
Joe Fisher
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

If you are going to build a Baby Ace it is much easyer to use the Corben plans http://exp-aircraft.com/aircraft/ace/ace.html

This is my hang out http://www.homebuiltairplanes.com/fo...oe-fisher.html

You would be welcome to jouin out little group.

Last edited by Joe Fisher; 12-21-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Old 12-21-2013, 09:39 PM
D.J.
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thank you for your response and kind invitation. I am more of a dreamer than a builder now. 20 years ago I would have jumped at the chance. Now I prefer the smaller scale. I am more in to the history of the planes and build the machines in my mind. I wonder how it was to build such a machine when the magazine first came out. What a wonder it must have been at the time and the balls of MI to print the article and not worry about the liability of someone dying in a home-built machine that they supplied plans for. .... D.J.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:15 AM
Joe Fisher
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

If you would follow the Home Built Airplanes .com you will see that most of them are dreamers. They are very entertaning.