Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Full Scale planes, cars, helis, boats > Airplanes - Full Scale
Reload this Page >

YouTube episodes: Flying the bush and associated pilot training in Indonesia

Community
Search
Notices
Airplanes - Full Scale Discuss full scale airplanes here

YouTube episodes: Flying the bush and associated pilot training in Indonesia

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 11:02 AM
GarySS
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default YouTube episodes: Flying the bush and associated pilot training in Indonesia

Youtube has four "reality" episodes (appx. 46 minutes each) of commuter/bush flying and pilot training in mountainous Indonesia. The series is titled
Worst Place to be a Pilot

I'd say over half of the time the flying involves Pilatus Porters and the rest Cessna Caravans. In Episode 3 there is a segment that gives a quick "feel" for the series. If you don't want to spend the time watching full episodes you might enjoy a 5-6 minute segment on ferrying diesel fuel to a remote airstrip. To do so:

Click on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6khdFu9FJE ........and run the advance bar/button to the 33 minute point where they are loading barrels of diesel fuel on board a Pilatus Porter. The segment then runs 5-6 minutes to about the 38 minute point.
Hope this is of interest to some full scale pilots.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:37 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Love that kind of show, thanks for the link. Why skip forward though, looks like something to watch from the start. I think these shows are great, even for non scale pilots. Hope they are more like a national geographic show than a real wives of bel aire type of show. Seems like drama and fake danger have to be built into any shows now involving flying.

thanks again.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:22 AM
GarySS

Glad you thought it was worthwhile. I got the feeling that this was not made up stuff as evidenced by the crashed aircraft, obviously nervous flight instructors and very serious looking Indonesians on the ground and in the passenger seats.
Old 10-06-2015, 04:44 AM
GarySS

[QUOTE=GarySS;11903393]

Youtube has four "reality" episodes (appx. 46 minutes each) of commuter/bush flying and pilot training in mountainous Indonesia. The series is titled

Edit: The link in the O.P. above has decayed over time so just do a search on "Worst Place to be a Pilot" and then scroll to the recommended point.
Old 01-14-2016, 05:03 PM
mikovirgoez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Apakah anda orang Indonesia. Saya sendiri orang Indonesia. Saya ingin bergabung komunitas RC di Indonesia tetapi saya tidak menemukannya.
Old 01-14-2016, 06:15 PM
GarySS

Originally Posted by mikovirgoez
Apakah anda orang Indonesia. Saya sendiri orang Indonesia. Saya ingin bergabung komunitas RC di Indonesia tetapi saya tidak menemukannya.
Aku di U.S.A. dan saya menggunakan google translate. Menyambut! Apakah Anda terbang model pesawat? Apakah ada forum internet minat khusus di Indonesia di mana Anda bisa berkomunikasi dengan selebaran lain ??

Menyarankan menggunakan situs di bawah untuk membuat Inggris
posting rc pertanyaan di daerah ini : http: //www.rcuniverse.com/forum/beginners-85/

I'm giving "Google translate" a shot in communicating here. This poster is looking for a Rc community as there evidently is none in Indonesia.

Last edited by GarySS; 01-15-2016 at 03:31 PM.
Old 01-19-2016, 09:30 AM
GarySS

[QUOTE=GarySS;12109306]
Originally Posted by GarySS

Edit: The link in the O.P. above has decayed over time so just do a search on "Worst Place to be a Pilot" and then scroll to the recommended point.
Go to the- 3rd episode