Airplanes - Full Scale Discuss full scale airplanes here

RC JET _(CARF HAWK)_ FUEL SYSTEM DESIGN _ Plumming

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 06:46 AM
awanx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC JET _(CARF HAWK)_ FUEL SYSTEM DESIGN _ Plumming

Dear Friends,

I am an experienced EDF builder and flyer . I am now building my first turbine model . Its a CARF HAWK 1/5.3 scale. I plan to power this jet with a Kingtech K-140G that I have purchased already . I have recieved the fuel systems components from CARF, however I am quiet confused on the usage

There are many questions are on my mind and I am looking for some help for example :

1- The provided Hopper tank is an old technology, discard it and go for a UAT/ Airtrap ? which one ?
2- The fuel system plumming shuold be high flow or not ?. What is crossover point from regular to high flow system?
3- To use or not to use TYGON. On my flying field here in Dubai People dont use Tygon they go for Polyurethane as the sizes are compatible for FESTO fittings.....FESTOs are not good for suction applications....While many people have been using TYGON without anyissues related to degradation in tube characteristics
4- Carf Fuel kit comes with a Tillotson clunk and with felt filter.....everybody says that this is not a good one, so which one shall I use
5 Fuel valve use or not, before the turbine or between the filter and UAT

I would appreciate some guidance in fuel system design with a practical view?

Regards,
Naveed
Old 04-22-2017, 02:36 PM
G4guy
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try the RC Jet forum, this is "Full Scale"