Airplanes - Full Scale Discuss full scale airplanes here

Cessna 421 Build 27% - HELP !

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 02:56 PM
boblakelly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cessna 421 Build 27% - HELP !

Hi Ladies and Gentlemen

So after a few years of no flying I decided I have to get back into it, so going to join up again to a local club, refresh my flying skills again and I have ordered myself the plans by Wendell Hostetler and I have the plans on the way for the Cessna 421 27%.

A HUGE BUILD, but one I know I can do albeit maybe a few years worth of labour

I have found my wood supplier, I have found a place local to me called Fab Lab, which have 3D printers, computers CAD software CNC Router Cutters and get a load of this a Laser Cutter and guess what I have all this at my finger tips for COMPLETELY FREE it's actually a registered charity local to me, that allows anyone to go in an use their skills to build projects or anything they want, so I am guessing my first few weeks will be spent in there, open 5 days a week, 9am-5pm (bst) I just have to supply the wood (so personal costs obviously).

The only thing I need advice on is motors, it calls for a engine (gas or electric as well) that is 4-8 cu.in. Can anyone point me in the direction of an engine or even electric motors that would fair upto this, I am useless with cubic inch conversion, I have looked at a few engines, I did find one the other day that was over 4 cu.in, but I have lost the link on my PC but a lot of others I have searched seem to fall just short of just 3.84 cu.in. Does anyone have an idea where I can start.

I have fibreglass parts sourced from a company in USA along with the retracts as well. but motors I am struggling. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks all

Bob
Old 05-02-2018, 12:31 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Hi Bob,

You will get better coverage of your topic, and probably more replies, if you move your thread to the Giant Scale forum. This forum here is actually for full size aircraft and does not have near as much traffic as the scale forums get. Better yet, consider joining up over at www.rcscalebuilder.com if you have not already. That is by far the best scale related web site on the Internet and although it does cost $20 a year to join (if you want to do more than just look) it is WELL worth the cost.

Good luck!