Notices
Airplanes - Full Scale Discuss full scale airplanes here

Full scale flyers....roll call.

Old 08-14-2010, 06:47 AM
matt13

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Full scale flyers....roll call.

I have been flying full time in Australia since 1983, a few different types, but no jets (yet).
Have been working ofr the last few years for The Royal Flying Doctor Service out of Adelaide, Port Augusta, and Alice Springs, we operate the Pilatus PC-12, which although is a single engine, is a fantastic machine.
Earlier this year I ferried a new one which has Honeywell Apex glass, from Switzerland back to Adelaide,heaps of fun. Matt
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19521.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	1483698  
Old 09-29-2010, 08:48 PM
c131frdave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I earned my license in 1997 and have owned a 1985 Cessna 172, a quicksilver MX ultralight, and I currently own a BD-5B.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:47 PM
sir lawrence

Im only 60 and have worked on Cub's to L10-11's ... havent ever owned the real thing but my Dad made me chase his rc-escapments and thermal searchers since I can remember ... " Long Island Gas monkeys " We flew at the local airport ...
me and my brothers jumpin black widows and rocks chasin and watchin you real big guys flyin over our heads at the local airport ... I always wanted a big ass crop duster just to do screamin overhead passess back at cha ....
all kiddin aside ... my true love was those old Bipes
I always loved them WWi biplanes ... now I have a 1/3 scale sopwith pup ///
its named " jumpin poo 4U " ... thats all I know

Sir Lawrence at 60 young
Old 12-15-2010, 07:45 AM
taildragger21
My Feedback: (197)

I am back to get finished FINALLY on my private pilot. I did solo several years back but quit and went to flying ultralights. I loved aviation since a child started flying rc at age 14 and landed a piper warrior 2 with my uncle at the age of 10. Now I have bought a C-150 to finish my private. She is cessna N17266 and I am proud of her!! Looks like my rc collection will have to stop a while..!!
Old 12-21-2010, 10:59 AM
invertedlowpass
My Feedback: (1)

I got my PPL 16 years ago, Im third Generation pilot, My grand father got his ticket right after WWII (he was army infintry and fought in the battle of the buldge) I believe he got his ticket with 14 hours, My Dad got his in 1967 soon after the 40 hour min. was implemented, he took off for the airport here he was to take his check ride w/ 39.5 hours, landed there w. 40.1 and took his check ride. (oh and he passed) I was around planes all me life, started skydiving in 91, in 93 I met a flight instructor that wanted to learn to skydive, I taught him, he taught me. I dropped skydivers (my instructor) be fore I had my licence. I solo'd w/ 20.2 hours and got my ticket at 40.4.
 Every time Ive been in a skydiving plane I try to get right seat, I have rt seat time in DC.3's, Twin otters, Queen airs, 411's 414's king airs, Beech 18, Ive jumped from 727, Ford tri motor, Casa, caribu, C-130, B-17, bi-planes, heli's, hot air baloons, A bridge in Ca, and El'capitain in yosimite valley.
 In RC im a BIG warbird guy. Ive only been in rc a little less then a year now but I think Ill be in for a long time
Old 12-21-2010, 10:02 PM
cjtyped

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got my PPL at age 17; 1970. Went in to the Air Force, used the GI Bill to help me get Commercial, Instrument, CFI. Flew as instructor, co pilot, etc. Am now a Flight and Ground Instructor with FlightSafety International in Kansas. I teach the Cessna Mustang. It is, without question, an interesting job. You have got to like people.
I am happier than I have ever been in aviation. Life is GOOD.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:31 PM
wingspan99
My Feedback: (2)

I may have posted here before... but I got a new plane so here's a pic of it. It's a Van's RV-4 with 150hp Lycoming O-320. It's a ridiculous amount of fun to fly.

Name:	ca83002.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	1539139  
Old 01-27-2011, 09:41 PM
IFR Pilot

Received my commercial at 17, more importantely my instructor ask me in 1990 I believe it was if I was ready to solo and I said yes, when in fact I wasn't ready. Luckly I made it ok, eventhough a dirt dobber got stuck in the pitot tube and I had no airspeed reading. With my arms and legs shaking like crazy and in semi-panic mode I eventually landed the Cessna 152 knowing my father and mother were looking on and didn't wanna crash/ die in front of them. I guessed my speed by the responsiveness of the controls and the sound of the wind hitting the wings which I had never been traind for. I had only 3 hours solo prior to this flight and survived because of determination. My instructor was killed in 2001 in a Beechcraft E-55 with 5 others onboard. His report can be found in this forum labeled R.I.P. James Seaman that I started. He didn't have the experience to fly that plane but yet was allowed by law/ FAA.

To make a long story short, there are severe changes that the FAA needs to make and me and my instructor ( James Willard Seaman ) are proof. The FAA needs to apply more regulations, restrictions, hours for new pilots and stop killing innocent people. Enough is enough and I'm not happy with the FAA, not at all. I quit flying all together because of the FAA.

CHEERS...
Old 01-28-2011, 05:33 AM
wingspan99

Nobody quits flying because of the FAA, that's just an excuse to cover for your fear of flying or fear of crashing. Maybe you'll quit driving a car too, because people are killed every day in cars!
Old 01-28-2011, 07:50 PM
IFR Pilot

ORIGINAL: wingspan99

Nobody quits flying because of the FAA, that's just an excuse to cover for your fear of flying or fear of crashing. Maybe you'll quit driving a car too, because people are killed every day in cars!
Through the years I've read about 25,000 NTSB reports. Most are because of #1 pilot error, #2 lack of training, #3 engine failures, #4 structure failure.

Van's are overall good aircraft, especially the 6 series, although the 6 series has a very heafty record for fuel problems. The 8 series is well... a different story as seen here http://aviationcrashmap.com/plane/ca/N58RV

I read atleast 800 reports of wings coming off during straight and level cruise flight and those are factual reports. I wouldn't blame those on pilot fear, but the FAA.

Also, I wouldn't compare cars to aircraft. In a car you have the ability to swerve, whereas in a plane that looses it's wings at 15,000 feet, it's kinda hard to hire an airframe mechanic to do repairs when you are decending at 3,000 feet a minute, know what I mean?

To the FAA, you need to do a better job of regulation, restrictions, more rerquired training and stress test. We pilots aren't just a bunch of numbers, we are fathers, mothers, brothers, sister, friends, uncles, etc...

I didn't quit flying because I'm scared to die/ crash. I stopped because I realized the FAA cares nothing about me, or you.

Old 01-31-2011, 10:19 AM
G4guy
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: Moms Mistake

ORIGINAL: wingspan99

Through the years I've read about 25,000 NTSB reports. Most are because of #1 pilot error, #2 lack of training, #3 engine failures, #4 structure failure.

Van's are overall good aircraft, especially the 6 series, although the 6 series has a very heafty record for fuel problems. The 8 series is well... a different story as seen here http://aviationcrashmap.com/plane/ca/N58RV

I read atleast 800 reports of wings coming off during straight and level cruise flight and those are factual reports. I wouldn't blame those on pilot fear, but the FAA.

Also, I wouldn't compare cars to aircraft. In a car you have the ability to swerve, whereas in a plane that looses it's wings at 15,000 feet, it's kinda hard to hire an airframe mechanic to do repairs when you are decending at 3,000 feet a minute, know what I mean?

To the FAA, you need to do a better job of regulation, restrictions, more rerquired training and stress test. We pilots aren't just a bunch of numbers, we are fathers, mothers, brothers, sister, friends, uncles, etc...

I didn't quit flying because I'm scared to die/ crash. I stopped because I realized the FAA cares nothing about me, or you.

You have read NTSB reports of 800 aircraft whose wings have fallen off in flight??? Please enlighten us, Which aircraft is the worse?? I am sure everyone here is wondering too........
Old 01-31-2011, 10:32 AM
stuntflyr

That dude obviously has issues. I hope he has a good sponsor and works his program. I can't see how he can be taken seriously when he says he got his Commercial at 17 and then goes on and on about the need for more and restrictive FARs! Seems he needs to get a handle on those that are current.
Chris...
Old 01-31-2011, 10:35 AM
G4guy

ORIGINAL: stuntflyr

That dude obviously has issues. I hope he has a good sponsor and stays in his program. I can't see how he can be taken seriously when he says he got his Commercial at 17 and then goes on and on about the need for more and restrictive FARs! Seems he needs to get a handle on those that are current.
Chris...
Thanks< I thought I would have to start worrying the wings on my Gulfstream were going to fall off!!
Old 01-31-2011, 11:03 AM
cfircav8r

I don't know anyone that believes the FAA cares much about pilot safety. Their main focus is protecting the general public from pilots.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:48 AM
deadstick8409

Hey Mom's, can you point us to your instructors accident?
Just want to see how more restrictive regs would have prevented that.
Thanks.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:22 PM
Rabbitcreekok

[/quote]

25,000 NTSB reports is really difficult to accept. The NTSB usually only investigates fatal accidents and I doubt that they have issued 25,000 since you got your license at age 17, which appears to be about 20 years ago. Are you required to read them as part of your job? Just wondering.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:22 AM
deadstick8409

I highly doubt Mom's mistake is even a pilot, let alone a professional one. If you read some of his other posts, he boasts about how great he is, and also about how many hundreds of hours he has on his (pc computer) simulator. Both of which point to armchair type pilots.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:34 PM
G4guy

Bingo!
Old 02-26-2011, 01:30 PM
fred985

hi,,i took my training in a 450 stearman that i bought from mary gafney in 1970. i moved on to a howard dga-15 p in 1981.,,,sorry i lost al;l my pictures etc in a house fire. the stearman was N-4734-C,,,if you goggle that number you can find a picture as it look today. also had a O 200 powered clip wing in there...that clip was the cats a,,,it was almost as much fun as the stearman. i have eye problems and quit flying except for rc.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:06 PM
Rabbitcreekok

ORIGINAL: fred985

hi,,i took my training in a 450 stearman that i bought from mary gafney in 1970. i moved on to a howard dga-15 p in 1981.,,,sorry i lost al;l my pictures etc in a house fire. the stearman was N-4734-C,,,if you goggle that number you can find a picture as it look today. also had a O 200 powered clip wing in there...that clip was the cats a,,,it was almost as much fun as the stearman. i have eye problems and quit flying except for rc.
Fred, you must have really liked the 450 Stearman since you use 985 in your screen name.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:55 AM
Theuns

Hi guys.
I am Theuns and live/work in South Africa/Joannesburg
I rebuild and re-cover classic fabric planes for a living and fly my Piper L-18c I built and painted in the colours of the U.S. ARMY whire/red scheeme.

I have about 50 hours on her and it is a joy to do nice formos with the Cessna 140 in U.S. Air Force collours at my local field

Theuns

Name:	Om34401.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	1596183   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu65328.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	1596184  
Old 04-19-2011, 11:06 AM
Skymac
My Feedback: (8)

Did a google search and find it really cool that on Page 15 of this thread I see where a fellow rc guy got to solo the airplane that I just took ownership of a month ago, pretty neat stuff for sure. N734TW

Name:	Zw69290.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	1596199  
Old 07-11-2011, 11:40 AM
stuntflyr

A great number if one was an former TWA pilot too!
Chris...
Old 11-03-2011, 01:57 PM
NCBrit

I just started learning. Have 7.5 hours in so far. Loving every minute of it.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:37 AM
regisgenner

Nice images, miss the days when me and my father flew in a plane..

Compare CFD Brokers

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.