Airplanes - Full Scale Discuss full scale airplanes here

Mini-Max in China

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 08:03 PM
acam37
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini-Max in China

Recently I purchased my first full scale plane,a JDT HiMax 1400. I have been going to [link=http://www.lonesomebuzzards.com/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1250083551/]this[/link] website for information about these type aircraft and a man from China posted his minimax that he built. I found his story and [link=http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTA5NzgwOTg0.html]video[/link] very entertaining. He has never flown a plane before climbing into his Max for the maiden test flight.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:54 PM
divergoff

Default RE: Mini-Max in China

Well the guy you talk about sounds like a moron. Anyone that would fly any airplane without some kind of training is a man with a death wish. So unless thats you, go to your local airport and inquire about flying lessions!
Old 08-18-2009, 11:54 PM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

the will to fly is hard to suppress in someone that has alot of focus.

Somewhere out on the net I watched a video of a man in an asian country "I believe" he had some scary looking homemade/rebuilt helicopter....he was flying down in a busted up section of a town..it was like a scene from a Road Warrior movie....
I can't even imagine the sheer craziness amongst some of the early pioneers of flight! we have seen some of the old footage, but it would be something to meet them..BEFORE THE CRASH!!!
Old 08-20-2009, 11:06 PM
acam37
My Feedback: (16)

I am in the process of acquiring my LSA license. As for the guy flying his minimax, I don't think he can just go to his local airport and buy some flight instruction. I bet just about the only way to get flight training in China is either be wealthy or in the military. It's probably out of reach for the average citizen.