Airplanes - Full Scale Discuss full scale airplanes here

UNITED AND CONTINENTAL MERGE

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 05:30 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default UNITED AND CONTINENTAL MERGE

I just heard the local news that United and Continental has merged and is the largest airline in the world-I wonder where will the hub of operations exist-Houston or Chicago?
Old 05-06-2010, 09:17 AM
TFF

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: UNITED AND CONTINENTAL MERGE

I would not worry about it too much; they will try to merge with Delta/Northwest down the road, so no one has a brand, making an even a bigger airline. Cut more flights and make it cost more so it looks good for stockholders. In the end, it will be Super Airline VS Southwest.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:20 PM
stuntflyr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: UNITED AND CONTINENTAL MERGE

I see it differently. The two airlines will consolidate to become the size of one of the airlines, or less. Then it will steadily shrink as mainline "full pay" pilots and other labor groups are replaced by outsourcing the pilots to regionals, "partners" domestic and international, etc.
It has been happening at American for 10 years.
The idea is for the executives to fill their pockets while demonstrating some type of savings to the board of directors and by such, the stockholders. The end result will be that the original airline will be a ticket office selling legs of operation to the lowest bidder for maximum profit.
Chris...