Community
Search
Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

Any Plans for Upscale Radio or Super SD10G

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 09:08 AM
Howard
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any Plans for Upscale Radio or Super SD10G

Just wondered if there might be any plans for an upscale radio (something like a Futaba 12Z) or a Super SD 10G?

Howard
Old 09-07-2010, 09:38 AM
ArchNemesis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Any Plans for Upscale Radio or Super SD10G

There have been numerous discussions around a "Flagship" radio probably in the realm of a 14ch high end radio, and it's been somewhat assumptive that there will eventually be one, however all the current design has been toward rebuilding the core radio line up and servo line up,

If you look at what has come out of ATX in the last 2 years, they're clearly making an extremely aggressive effort to up the game. JUST on the aircraft side,  the SD5, SD6, SD10, 5 new Rx's (5,6,7 and 10 channel and Micro 6) and about 20 new servos all in the last 24 months. 

My understanding is that they've been equally aggressive with their surface line up of radios too.     Let's hope that pace continues...  If it does I think the high end radio is definitely on the list. 

BTW, I'm a team flyer, so I have a lot of conversations with the folks at ATX, but no official word on ...well...anything.     Hopefully Mike jumps in here with a more official rumor.

-Mark
Old 09-08-2010, 05:00 AM
fiery
My Feedback: (2)

The two white blanking plugs above the sticks on the SD-10G indicate room for at least two further channels.

A new "high-grade" chassis for a 12-14 channel radio would be great. I would say it is unlikely. Cost pressures in the marketplace are only increasing.

A 12 channel SD-12G combo unit for, say, $100 more RRP than the current 10 channel SD-10G combo would be a marketable thing (especially with telemetry; rapidly becoming "de rigueur" in high end radios).

We'll see.

I very much doubt Mike will contribute to this discussion. I fully expect Atx have confidentiality/non-disclosure arrangments with Sanwa-Denshi.

We'll only know more when Atx. are authorised and ready to tell us.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:34 PM
Pippin

About these two blind plugs. I think you can send your radio in and get a second dial and further three-position switch.
In F-MODE>VR ASSIGN you can choose VR8 then. In SYSTEM>SW ASSIGN you can choose switch 25, 26, 27.

Old 09-14-2010, 01:41 PM
ArchNemesis

Actually the auxiliary switch locations are just that. Places where you could move an existing switch. The idea was to allow some customization of the layout.

Originally the intent was for them to be easily user serviceable with enough wire in the harness to allow moving most of the switches to any location (letting you adjust the tall and short switches to your liking or moving the spring switch around). After manufacturing and testing, along with some of the other brands experiencing "chaffing" around the gimbals, the wiring was tightened up a little and run through channels to better protect the wires themselves, The trade off though was the "easy user serviceability". So while you can still change switch locations, they recommend if you want this done to send it in and let a service technition do it for you.

I do not believe that additional switches can be added, though to be honest, I'm not sure of that.

Old 09-14-2010, 04:11 PM
MikeGreenshields

We can add the other pot and the the switch. I have this done on mine. There is a service charge and cost of parts, but it can be done.

Mike
Old 09-15-2010, 12:03 PM
JeffH
My Feedback: (43)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just want T5 and T6 turned into switches!!!
Old 10-03-2010, 06:56 AM
Howard

Mike,

I began this thread and really hoped you might provide a tiny glimmer to the not too distant future as to whether ATX/Sanwa have plans for an upscale radio that would be in a league such as the Futaba 12Z? Please, just a little hint. Thanks

Howard
Old 10-04-2010, 12:14 PM
MikeGreenshields

Sanwa has discussed both a mid-range radio and an upper line radio. It is part of the long term plan. But with no official word from Sanwa, I simply don't know what will be next. Right now they are working on several new releases including a new car radio with telemetry and 2 FHSS3 receivers (along with 4 servos, etc....) The immediate plan is to get these products release ASAP

Mike
Old 10-04-2010, 06:36 PM
Howard

Thank you Mike I appreciate the feedback.

Howard