Community
Search
Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

Airtronics Spectra Battery

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 11:18 AM
craigm1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airtronics Spectra Battery

I have 2 Spectra PCM radios and 3 receivers and decided to put them all to good use, so I'd like to see if the batteries are worthwhile or should I invest in new ones. Does anyone have a suggestion on cycling the battery? It appears that in one of the radios there may be a diode or something preventing me from discharging it through the normal charge jack. If it's not possible through the charge jack, can it be done through the connector that connects to the radio and what would I use to connect to that?
Lastly, if I were to buy a new battery, what would I get... 2- 4 cell packs without a connector and then solder them?
Thanks,
Craig
P.S. Because of the age of these radios, there isn't too much info in these forums, so any tips or suggestions would be appreciated...it seems like a really good radio with a lot of capabilities for a single plane.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:21 AM
craigm1
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Airtronics Spectra Battery

One more thing...the throttle on one of the radios clicks, the other doesn't...is it easy to change the behavior (I think my RDS8000 clicks)?
Old 10-14-2010, 04:40 PM
ChrisVerano

Default RE: Airtronics Spectra Battery

Craig,

There were 2 versions of the battery for the Spectra, one version had a diode in it that prevented discharging. To discharge that battery the diode has to be bypassed.
In regards to the ratcheting in the throttle stick, the Spectra does have the ratcheting sticks. The plate in the transmitter that creates that "clicking" may have worn out.

Chris