Community
Search
Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

Stylus battery holder.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 11:22 AM
Raymac
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stylus battery holder.....

Does anyone know where I can get an Airtronics AIR95048 battery holder for Stylus? The dealers seem to be out of them.

Old 12-13-2010, 02:36 PM
ChrisVerano

Default RE: Stylus battery holder.....

We have more battery holders on order and should be seeing them any day now. I'll try to come back and post when they become available.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:44 AM
MikeGreenshields

If you have old nicds in your battery holder, we can install new cells for you in that battery holder.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:30 PM
Raymac
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks mike.....I have soldered fresh NIMH batteries into my Stylus holder in the past but the life of the batteries was disappointing.....I suspect the soldering is not a good idea. It was my plan to use the 95048 holder which is a spring-loaded holder and thus avoid the soldering. I wonder if the spring-loaded holder is a good idea.......any chance of corrosion and loss of power? I wonder if you would comment on this?
Old 12-14-2010, 03:13 PM
MikeGreenshields

We solder them here. We use a different technique that does not damage the cell internally, thus it still gives good performance. It's REALLY easy to damage nimh and nicd cells with a soldering iron. We've killed quite a few.

The spring battery holders are ok, just clean them once in awhile.

The radio will work on 3 cell lipo so many people are adapting a 3 cell lipo into the radio battery holder.