Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Analog retract servo

Hi, am gearing up a large scale glider using the 10ch rx and have read that some analog servos are incompatible anyone know if the JR retract servos are ok to use? Tankey

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Analog retract servo

Do a search on 791 and you will see a lot about a 6v problem and resolutions.

I'm using a JR 791. These servos have a problem, if you run them on 6V. The input signal voltage level which the newer receivers in general output doesnt trigger the servo. - ~2.5v input signal level,while the old receivers were typically over 4V level. There are a couple of ways round this. Either run the servo with 4.8V or buffer the receiver signal level to boost it.

I used a booster for my 791 and it runs fine using 6v with Airtronics receiver.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Analog retract servo

Most Analog proportional servos cannot keep up with the fast data rate of the SD-10G. However, the JR 791 is just a switcher type servo, and it is not proportional. It operates by a change in pulse width, e.g., wide to narrow for one direction of rotation and narrow to wide for the other direction; therefore, you should not have a problem.

Airtronics Technical Support
    800-262-1178