Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

SD-10G Problem

I recently sent my SD-10G in for the RF board update. I checked it after I got it back and it seemed to work ok. Yesterday I decided to check the throws on one of my pattern planes, (I just bought a Hanger 9 Angle Pro) and the Rx wouldn't come on. (it's a 8ch) I then tried another pattern plane, (it has a 7ch Rx) and it wouldn't come on either.

I had another 7ch Rx (it's never been bound to a Tx) that I bought the same time that I purchased my SD-6G. I hooked it up and bound it to the SD-10G and it worked.

Any idea's as to what might be the problem? Do I need to send the Tx back to Airtronics?

Thanks

J
    \"Even if you are on the right track, you will get run over if you just sit there.\" Will Rogers

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: SD-10G Problem

I don't know but it's likely that you will need to rebind all the Rx's when you get it back. Did you try that? Especially the FHSS-1 Rxs.

Hopefully Mike will chime in here.

Mark Atwood
    Team Airtronics | Castle Creation | F3A Unlimited | YS Parts and Service

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ArchNemesis

I don't know but it's likely that you will need to rebind all the Rx's when you get it back.* Did you try that? *Especially the FHSS-1 Rxs.

Hopefully Mike will chime in here.

ArchNemesis,

Rebinding is the first thing I tried. No Luck.

J
    \"Even if you are on the right track, you will get run over if you just sit there.\" Will Rogers

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Most likely you need to send it back. Please email service directly, ask for Chris, and tell him what you experienced.

We can arrange to get your radio back and see what's wrong. But before we do, email or call service and let's see if there's anything that can be done on your end.

For example, when you rebound, did you check to make sure the modulation setting matched the receiver type? FH1 or FH3, etc.

service@airtronics.net

If you have any questions you can message me too, however, I may be delayed getting back to you due to the AMA Expo this weekend.

-Mike
    Mike Greenshields - Product Manager
    Airtronics - Global Hobby Distributors

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: MikeGreenshields

Most likely you need to send it back. Please email service directly, ask for Chris, and tell him what you experienced.

We can arrange to get your radio back and see what's wrong. But before we do, email or call service and let's see if there's anything that can be done on your end.

For example, when you rebound, did you check to make sure the modulation setting matched the receiver type? FH1 or FH3, etc.

service@airtronics.net

If you have any questions you can message me too, however, I may be delayed getting back to you due to the AMA Expo this weekend.

-Mike
    Yes, I made sure that the Tx was in FH1 when I tried to rebind the Rx's. The Rx's wouldn't even come on, As soon as I released the bind button on the Rx, it would stop blinking. Both Rx's behaved the same way. But I had a new 7ch Rx that hadn't been bound to a Tx, so I tried it and I was able to bind it to the SD-10G. I think that If I need to send the Tx back to Airtronics, I need to send the Rx's as well.

I flew both of the planes all last year without any problems. I wouldn't have known that I had a problem until flying season if I hadn't just bought a Hanger 9 Angle Pro and decided to check the throws on one of my planes.

J

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mike, For some reason I can't get through to airtronics using the e-mail address, So I sent Chris a PM.

J

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok. Not sure why you can't get through. sorry for the hassle.

In that you can't bind the to one receivers but another receiver works OK it's most likely the tx. And since the receivers don't even go into bind mode, there's something wrong at the recever end.

The 7 ch rx and the 8 ch receiver have the plug oriented 180 to each other. So, you might try flipping the plug from the battery that's plugged into the receiver over (rotate 180 degrees) and try again.

Mike

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: MikeGreenshields

Ok. Not sure why you can't get through. sorry for the hassle.

In that you can't bind the to one receivers but another receiver works OK it's most likely the tx. And since the receivers don't even go into bind mode, there's something wrong at the recever end.

The 7 ch rx and the 8 ch receiver have the plug oriented 180 to each other. So, you might try flipping the plug from the battery that's plugged into the receiver over (rotate 180 degrees) and try again.

Mike

When I try to send a e-mail,

The error message that I get is that there is a problem in the Set Associations Control Panel. I will have to check it out.

I'm aware that the Rx plugs on the 7ch and 8ch Rx's are oriented 180 degrees to each other (I feel that Airtronics needs to make some improvement in this area)

Over the weekend, I tried to bind the 8ch Rx again, It still wouldn't come on, after closer inspection, I discovered that the bind button was sticking. I gently pried the bind button up and then worked it up and down. I have some electrical contact spray cleaner, do you think that it would be ok to spray the bind button?. anyway I was able to get the Rx to bind after I was able to free up the bind button.

I then tried the binding procedure on the 7ch and after pressing the yes button, the Rx continued to blink, it wouldn't bind until I pressed the end button. (Is that normal?) Anyway now both Rx's are bound to the SD-10G. For some reason all of my Rx's that were bound to my SD-10G before I sent it in for the RF Board update, lost bind with the Tx.

Thanks
    J

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The RF section is new in your updated transmitter. That is the reason why the receivers have to be re-bound. From an RF point of view, it's a new radio.

If the buttons are sticking, it might be worthwhile to pop the receivers apart and clean the buttons.

Yes, pressing exit is the same as completing the bind process. It does not complete until you hit end and you only have to let it be in the bind mode for a moment after the receiver is in bind mode.

Mike

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Mike.

J

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The problem I have with binding Airtronics versus JR is living alone it is near impossible to keep the button pushed down while plugging in the battery. It takes two people to make the binding a easy job.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes, it can be a challenge to bind these suckers....I find that a small screwdriver and a simple RX battery on a switch helps the process. It seems complicated but it can be done by one person with a little ingenuity.
    Gold Wing Su-26m/DLE-30, Twist 60/Saito 1.15, Airtronics 2.4 Ghz SD-10G.