Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

mixing elevons with variable wing geometry

hi there i have an awesome exceed rc f-3 tornado with variable wing geometry set up with an rds8000. my question today is, is there a way to mix in tailerons and assign that mix to the flap switch, so that when i sweep my wings back i have tailerons and when wings are fully foreward the tailerons go back to elevators?

or is there a way to mix tailerons 100% of the time with an airbrake assist on the aeileron on the inside of the turn. and than when wings sweep back the aeileron air brake assist locks out so only tailerons are in use? just like a real variable wing control set up?

thank you.

p.s i have daul elevator servos on seperate channals and eilerons on a y-harness and the stock 7ch receiver

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: mixing elevons with variable wing geometry

The RDS8000 was simply not setup to do what you want.

You might call the 800 number and ask Jack if he has any suggestions but I am not aware of a way to do what you're asking.

Please call Monday through Friday only between 12 to 4 pm Pacific Time

1-800-262-1178

Read more: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_99...#ixzz1AgYf8ck0
    Mike Greenshields - Product Manager
    Airtronics - Global Hobby Distributors

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: mixing elevons with variable wing geometry

this is vary unfortunate lol. i guess can i at least mix in tailerons with the ailerons? and maybe tone down the end points on the aileron mix so that its not overly sensitive than?
    my problem is that once i sweep my wings the ailerons are not not in the wind stream anymore and also are almost parallel with the air stream so there effectiveness is dramatically decreased.