Community
Search
Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

Dual Rate vs Flight Mode

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 07:11 PM
Deggleston

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual Rate vs Flight Mode

Hi,

I recently bought an SD 10G. I think I understand what happens when I set up my dual rates and Flight Modes, but I would like some verification. For example, if I set up elevator at 50% via a dual rate switch and set up the elevator 100% for Flight Mode 1; if I have the dual rate switch set at the 50% setting and then go to Flight mode 1, the elevator is now set to 100%. In general my question is that it seems however I have my dual rate switch set at vs Flight mode, the elevator or any surface uses the higher(larger) value no matter if it is set on a dual rate switch or in a Flight Mode?? Is this also true with exponential??

This is truly an amazing radio!

Thanks,

Dave
Old 01-23-2011, 06:26 AM
MikeRuth

Default RE: Dual Rate vs Flight Mode

I'm having a hard time following your train of thought, but, each flight mode has the capabilty of setting the rates and exponential.

IE Normal mode, three rates and expo adjust, change to flight mode 1 and again three rates and expo adjust, etc.

Each is independent

Mike R
Old 01-23-2011, 07:43 AM
ArchNemesis

I'm also struggling to figure out exactly what you're asking but I'll take a shot at an explanation.

As Mike stated, each flight mode has it's own unique set of programmable rates and expo. Flight mode 1 is the default, meaning that if none of the other flight modes is overtly selected, then flight mode 1 is in effect. Flight mode one has triple rates, and each rate has it's own exponential setting associated with it.

Like the flight modes, Rate 1 is the default and is in effect if no other rate has been chosen. For this reason, you will not find any switch setting for flight mode 1 or rate 1... there's nothing to assign. They're in effect as long as another rate or flight mode is NOT turned on.

Because the radio allows you to assign ANY function to ANYswitch, the programming has to account for ambiguous set ups. For example, you could assign Flight mode 2 to one switch, and flight mode 3 to another switch and potentially have them BOTH turned on. In that scenario (and any others like it), the highest Mode or Rate overrides and is in effect. So flight mode 2 overrides 1, flight mode 3 overrides flight mode 2, etc. Same for the rate conditions.

So for your question regarding rates. You can have up to 15 unique rates on each channel. Flight mode 1, Rates 1,2,3 - Flight mode 2, rates 1,2,3 - Flight mode 3, rates 1,2,3 - etc. through flight mode 5.

They're all unique, and each has it's own unique exponential setting as well.

Does that help??

-M
Old 01-23-2011, 11:08 AM
Deggleston

Thanks for the replys. I know my question isn't very clear. Basically I was trying to determmine if Flight Modes had priority over dual rate switches or if there is any type of priority at all. Let's say I am in Flight mode 1 with elevator at 50%. I flip the elevator dual rate switch to 3 and the setting for the elevator dual rate switch 3 is 100%. So now my elevator response is 100% even though Flight Mode 1 is set to 50%?? Meaning any flight mode or switch that is activated for the elevator which has the largest value(0 to 100%) assigned to it will be the one the elevator responds to???

I know this still isn't very clear, but maybe you get the idea. It is very important to me to know exactly what response I will get before I flip a switch. Airplanes are just too darn expensive to make a foolish mistake.

Maybe I should just leave it in Flight Mode N and use the dual rate switches until I determine the responses I want. Then incorporate these settings into the Flight Modes for the responses I want and then just turn off the dual rate switches.

Thanks,

Dave
Old 01-23-2011, 11:45 AM
Deggleston

I finally figured it out. Sometimes I am just a Bozo!
I have used dual rates before, but never used flight modes; it just took a while.

Thanks for the patient replys!

Dave
Old 01-24-2011, 07:30 AM
MikeRuth

Not a problem and glad your geting it figured out.

AS for not being sure, one thing to do and you probably know this is to set your model up on a table or such, and measure the throws in the different flight modes and rate selections. That way no suprises come along while in the AIR!

Take care,
Mike R