Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

Airtronics/Sanwa Heli Dual Rates Question

Old 02-11-2011, 10:44 AM
pilotpete1066

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airtronics/Sanwa Heli Dual Rates Question

Hi,

I've got two RD6000s, one sport and one super. As I live in the UK, both are 35 MHz transmitters.

The dual rates work fine on aileron and elevator with planes but don't work at all with helis. Once a heli is selected, dual rates 1 is displayed but doesn't change in response to moving the switch. However, I can change the exponential settings.

The manual says dual rates should work with helis and I wondered whether anyone else had found this (or a solution..)?

Thanks.

Pete
Old 02-12-2011, 08:08 AM
ToddNicholson

Default RE: Airtronics/Sanwa Heli Dual Rates Question

Hi,

In heli mode, I believe that the dual rates are controlled by the Flight Mode switches. So, you would assign the desired dual rates to the individual Flight Modes.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Todd
Old 02-14-2011, 01:10 PM
pilotpete1066

Hi Todd,

Thanks for your input. I've tried the dual rates switches in each of the flight modes but still no joy.....

I would love to use dual rates settings with my Twister Gold CP. There must be people out there using Airtronics/Sanwa radios with helis. I've tried several forums but have only had your response so far.[] I thought that there were Airtronics experts around these forums - maybe not..

Never mind, maybe asking at the stores who selll these things will prove more productive....

Thanks again, Todd, and happy landings.

Pete
Old 02-16-2011, 06:56 AM
MikeRuth

ORIGINAL: pilotpete1066

Hi Todd,

Thanks for your input. I've tried the dual rates switches in each of the flight modes but still no joy.....

I would love to use dual rates settings with my Twister Gold CP. There must be people out there using Airtronics/Sanwa radios with helis. I've tried several forums but have only had your response so far.[] I thought that there were Airtronics experts around these forums - maybe not..

Never mind, maybe asking at the stores who selll these things will prove more productive....

Thanks again, Todd, and happy landings.

Pete
Been reading this and it seems odd to me.
So I setup a new model on my SD-10G and used the Heli CP3F template for the test.

Then I set the AIL D/R to 50% and then checked it in Normal mode, Using the default SW 7 8 9 in position 7 100% and in position 8 I get 50% as expected. Did this with the ELV and used the default SW of 13 14 15 and in position 13 100% and in postion 14 I get 50% again in Normal mode.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:25 PM
pilotpete1066

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your input and I'm glad you are getting some response from the dual rates on your SD-10G. I've got RD6000s and although dual rates are shown in the El and Ai menu options, they seem to be de-activated[>:].

I'm tearing out what little hair I have left

Cheers

Pete
Old 02-17-2011, 07:39 AM
MikeRuth

ORIGINAL: pilotpete1066

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your input and I'm glad you are getting some response from the dual rates on your SD-10G. I've got RD6000s and although dual rates are shown in the El and Ai menu options, they seem to be de-activated[>:].

I'm tearing out what little hair I have left

Cheers

Pete
Boy do I feel like a dope I didn't catch the RD 6000...
Good luck.

Mike R
Old 02-17-2011, 10:30 AM
pilotpete1066

Hey Mike,

No problems. I always appreciate it when people take time to try to help - I'm beginning to feel like a dope for trying to use dual rates on an RD6000.

It's looking increasingly like dual rates are not an option with helis using the RD6000. I've even tried the 'contact us' on the Airtronics web site but it looks like they're stumped too. Even an automated acknowledgement from them would have been something..[]

Pete
Old 02-18-2011, 09:28 AM
I ALSO FLY RC

Pete:

When your RD6000 TX is in the Heli mode of operation the Dual Rates are controlled by the Flight Mode, N, 1, & 2 switches. You set up the Dual Rates by going to the specific channel, say Elevator, scroll down to D/R and set a value for N. You use the F-MODE key located next to the END key to cycle through the various Flight Modes and set a value for Dual Rate for each one. Do the same thing for the Aileron and Rudder Channels. The Dual Rate switches located on the upper panel are not used in the Heli mode of operation since your Dual Rates are automatically selected by what ever Flight Mode you are in.

Hope this clears up the Dual Rate mystery.

Airtronics Technical Support
800-262-1178
Old 02-19-2011, 12:54 PM
pilotpete1066

Hi Airtronics Tech support.

Thank you SO much for your reply. The instructions you gave cleared it up perfectly and are nothing like the instructions I have in the manual.[sm=stupid.gif]

I only use the Normal mode at the minute. I know you said that the dual rates are switched by selecting the flight mode (and I did try that, setting one @ 80% and the other @ 100% then switching flight modes to make it change) but to use dual rates to tame my twister cp gold in the normal mode, I figure I'm going to have to try it by reducing the amount of throw in 5% steps until I'm happy. I don't want to be switching between flight modes at the minute.

Problrm solved - thanks again for your help.[sm=thumbs_up.gif]

Regards

Pete